AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these at the local gun shows and I'm curious to know if they are worth buying. Most vendors are selling them for $12-14.

Are they worth it or should I just save my money?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

I was apprehensive about buying any until I found out.

I have plenty of the Bulgarian Circle 10 mags but I?m always on the lookout for more :smile:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SVT said:
Also, there is no steel in the US made pro-mags like there is in the Bulgarian military mags.
Ah, good to know. I'll just stay away from them. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Besides the lack of steel, what is wrong with them?

BTW if you want Polymer mags, and don't care if they are waffle or not, Polish polymer mags are pretty sweet. I have two for my Polytech.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
About a year ago a fellow on another board posted that he had torn apart one of the American waffles and compared it to the innards of a Bulgy waffle...the spring on the American was about 1.5" shorter so that's another difference and it could be very significant.

New to AK's and to this new forum but it looks good so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
akraider said:
About a year ago a fellow on another board posted that he had torn apart one of the American waffles and compared it to the innards of a Bulgy waffle...the spring on the American was about 1.5" shorter so that's another difference and it could be very significant.

New to AK's and to this new forum but it looks good so far.
I going to go against the grain and say I like them with one caveat. That caveat is that I replace the spring with a real AK spring. I have done this to the 5 PROMAGS I have and had no problems with function or reliability. Some knock the lack of metal inserts for the tabs and liner but I found it is pretty sturdy in my use and would take unrealist force to break off a PROMAG in general range use. I have enough mil-spec mags for any SHTF situation but for the other 99% of the time I have no problems with the PROMAGS.

I am willing to take anybodys PROMAGS off their hands for 1/2 price if they feel that bad about them. :goof:

Hootbro

·
Registered
89 Posts
good to know, i wanted 1 or 2 not many just for pics. should have been smart and got some real deal when i saw them.

Ronald

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
TravisAasen said:
Hoot -

Can you post some pics of a pro next to a bulgy? I'd like to see a little more. You have my interest :wink:
Should be able to get that later today. Honey do's have priority first today.

Hootbro

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Hootbro said:
TravisAasen said:
Hoot -

Can you post some pics of a pro next to a bulgy? I'd like to see a little more. You have my interest :wink:
Should be able to get that later today. Honey do's have priority first today.

Hootbro
I hear ya on the honey do's. In the middle of those right now.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
Here is the pics as promised. The onlything interchageabile between them is the follower and spring. The floorplate is unique on the PROMAG.

Hootbro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts