AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get mine to move, which direction does it turn before I put a wrench on it and apply pressure. It seems dried stuck, the pin depresses but I can't get the break to move either direction.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Left hand threads.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Soak it in oil over night and try again. I put mine in a coffee can brake down and covered with oil. Came right off the next day. They get a lot of carbon built up in them.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Agree, soak it overnight and try it again. As Krinkfreak said, threads are reversed so make sure youre turning clockwise to loosen.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Probably not an unusual problem, since the Hungarian cleaning kits for the AMD-65's include a special wrench that fits the flats on the brake.

(It's just a plain open-ended wrench, though.)

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Richard W. said:
Probably not an unusual problem, since the Hungarian cleaning kits for the AMD-65's include a special wrench that fits the flats on the brake.

(It's just a plain open-ended wrench, though.)
Ive heard it referred to as a 'spanner' wrench before. Ive got one that came with my Hungarian cleaning kit. Gotta have all the trinkets... :twisted:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's off

I soaked it, it wouldn't move, my son tried, a son-in-law tried nothing finally another son-in-law tried and got it off. I built a pistol and put a muzzel nut on it so I can use the muzzel attachment on a rifle build. Oh and when I fire the pistol the cover jumps off, would a buffer solve that problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts