AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob, I believe that is a Russian or Hungarian AK47 receiver cover. The sight is AR15. This gun is being built on a cut-barrel AMD65 kit. It will incorporate my "return to zero top cover tensioner". The length of the barrel including the muzzle devise in the picture is 16.25" The muzzle devise is removable and I did not get an SBR stamp for this gun. The gun is absolutely legal. Do you know how I did that? Anyway, I will probably have it finished in a week or two. I will apply HK Balck Duracoat over the parkerizing.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good eye Ferret. I have always liked the look of the snake brake but I am not crazy about the fireball it produces. This way, you get the AMD look and it doesn't hurt to have a little extra weight out fromt to dampen muzzle rise. I cut off the end of a slant brake, turned it around backwards and pressed it into the AMD brake after I drilled it out. Ofcourse I drilled the original threads out of the AMD brake large enough so it would slip over the barrel. This way, if I want to use a mb of fh, I have that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts