AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Was wondering how hard it would be to place an AMD 65 folder on a Champion .223 pistol? Can pick up the folder with rear trunnion for cheap. Short of cutting out the notch on the right side and drilling new holes for rivets -missing anything? Would like to SBR mine, but don't really like the looks of the Romy side folders and the under folders are more pricey.
Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put one of the AMD-65 stocks on my SAR-3. Did a whole mess of other stuff to it as well.

For that application I had two rivet holes that were the same on the SAR trunnion and AMD trunnion. So I had to drill two more holes for the lower long rivet. Also had to cut the notch out on the side. And drill a hole in the bottom for the latch button.
Had to chamfer the bottom edges of the AMD trunnion to fit tight in the receiver.

Of the two extra holes left over from the Sar trunnion. The one on the left was also used for the scope rail. So that got a rivet. The one on the right wasn't needed. So that one got filled with a disc of sheet metal TIG'd in place.

Other modifications include:
-Shortened barrel, threaded 14x1 LH, 11 deg crown, pinned and welded Yugo M-95 flash hider for 16.25 OAL.
-Chunk of Saiga FSB TIG'd to gas block.
-Bayo lug rebuilt.
-K-VAR plumb
-Flat black Norrels molyresin.
-RSA SAR-3 corrected hammer, G-2 trigger and disconnecter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts