AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this product? I am only looking for people who have real world feed back, I don't need to hear how it is not how Kalashnikov designed it because I don't care.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be barking up the wrong tree, around here.
Not sure how. This is the Practical section of the form correct? Anyone who is of the opinion that a rifle designed at the end of WW2 was at the pinnacle of its design then they should also believe that the garand was the only rifle the US army should ever have been issued or that the P51 Mustang was all the fighter plan that the US army air core needed. I doubt that anyone believes these things so why is it that we must keep the AK47 and AKM "original" when we can make them better. Now there are a lot of crap products out there and I am not looking for a "Tacticool" gun. What I am asking is has anyone used this product and if so is it just some nifty little piece of junk or is it something practical that could add value to an already awesome weapon. Thus it is in the "Practical" section. Now there is a time and a place for a traditional AKM, but the rifle I am modding is not that.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
No experiance with that specific safety however, if you are a lefty you'll have problems with that lever hanging down past the receiver

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks less like an ambi safety than a left side safety. I think its ment to help right handers.
It looks like it would realy get in the way of a lefy handed shooter.
An ambi on an AR adds a lever on the right side of the rifle.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've debated putting one of those on my Draco. I don't exactly like the idea of permanatly modifying my AK in the event I don't like it.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I actually bought one, but haven't mounted it yet. I am immensely bummed after watching the video though... I didn't realize it worked ass backwards (i.e. up with the thumb to fire, instead of down.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts