AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Do you want to here my opinion :wink: . Just kidding man, did you get my IM or did you just erase it. I just think you jump in a little hard sometimes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StreetTrends said:
Do you want to here my opinion :wink: . Just kidding man, did you get my IM or did you just erase it. I just think you jump in a little hard sometimes.
I think I know what your opinion would be. Want to buy some parts? :wink:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Sure, I don't have anything agianst you and from what you stated before you seem fair. So are you saying I'm back on your good list. Seriously man I'm just trying to get along and I don't want this board to turn out like arfcom.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hi Mak,

You're a great contributor to ARFCOM and The AK Forum and I learn a great deal from you. Having said that, I think you could have responded a little more "tactfully" regarding "stargazer's" post. That doesn't make you an asshole though, on the contrary. I've written things before that I felt could have been more empathetic.

Regards,

Bud

·
Registered
156 Posts
I used to write replies and then say aww nevermind, its not worth a vacation off arfcom--in the GD, but its gettin to be that way in the tech forums!

Its all in cycles though, good times and bad time flow in circles.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Sometimes it's good to write your responses..........and then wait a few minutes to cool off. Gives you a chance to edit your response before you hit the send button.

I understand the frustrations when you read/see bad or incorrect information. Everyone try to remember when you/we were at that stage....

Help'em when you can. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Sometimes it's good to write your responses..........and then wait a few minutes to cool off. Gives you a chance to edit your response before you hit the send button.

I understand the frustrations when you read/see bad or incorrect information. Everyone try to remember when you/we were at that stage....

Help'em when you can. :wink:
+2 On that. I've been looking for a "bite my tongue" emoticon or Comical picture. I write a heck of a lot more responses than I post. Ma said, if ya can't say something nice.........

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Dutchkma said:
I've been looking for a "bite my tongue" emoticon or Comical picture.

When you find it, send it, and I will load it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Krinkfreak I have written many that I just finally hit the delete key. Sometimes it's just better to walk away.
Yeah MAK you was a little rough with him. BUT you was mostly correct. I have been told that there are afew SAR 1's that came in with alittle to much OD gone to properly thread it. I have never seen one. So who knows. But I did rent WMJ 's kit and thread mine myself. I just turned the die over to get more thread closer to the FSH. Personally I want to thank you for the help and replys you have passed my way. WarDawg

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Mak you posted more helpful information in a thread that was nothing but a flaming bag of dogshit waiting for someone to stomp on it.

Don't worry about it, or dumbasses like that.

I think you should copy my first rule on my sig line to yours, it's a good reminder to me before I post anything. :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
You may have been somewhat hard on the Guy but at least you know what you're talking about.I'm glad some of you are still keeping an eye on the old board,its a good board and wide open for knowlegable AKs Guys to step in and pick up where we left off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mak, although I usually agree with what you say, you do come across a little harsh sometimes. I relate to what you were talking about in the thread about threading an SAR where the guy chimed in and said that it wasn't possible to do it, etc. But the exchange in that thread turned into personal attacks and I pretty much quit reading at that point. Mak, you are very knowledgeable, and I appreciate your input, but maybe sometimes you need to do like some of us do... Type your response, but don't post it, go get a cup of coffee or what ever, then come back and see if you still want to post what you typed verbatim, or do you want to change it a little. Hell, I am constantly changing my mind about what I originally intended to post or not posting in a certain thread at all.

But no, I don't think you are an asshole.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I thought your response was about how mine would have been. Honestly, I let teh internets get to me sometimes, esp. over there. It's even worse now that this board opened, since I have a refuge now if get banned or locked over there. I try to stay rational but some of the stuff I read over there is too much. I saw a new thread today:

Which AK47 should I buy

Of course.[/url]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same situation happened to me on another board. Guy asked about a surplus rifle. This guy responds back with a bunch of inaccurate statements. I make a post correcting them. He comes back trying to argue with me. Oh yeah, before he did that he pulled the editing trick to correct the inaccuracies. I used the quote function in my post, so that kinda FU'd that strategy. Got a IM warning from the moderator. He said it was none of his concern if the info was right or not. I see that the guy I got into a arguement with is now a senior moderator there. :lol:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I like the last guy who thought the post was about not having enough room for the threads and having to move the FSB. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
AKLover_91 said:
Can that be an emoticon? It's just to hilarious to lose.

Done.

:frustration:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts