AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i got this today for the excellent price of ZERO!i think its an all-stamped chinese?i let a buddy borrow my dremel in feb and he lost it in his move.he finally found it and sent it back with the mag as intrest.whats it worth?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
They were pretty scarce up until the Sportsmans Guide mag lottery, & a few escaped into public hands by the CDNN "used combloc" mag sales.

Right now, I'd say there's more of those than AK mag collectors.

In the past(pre-SG mag lotto), I'd sold them at $35.00 each. In the past year, I've quietly bought a few nice ones at $12-$15.00 for future sales.

Definately money in the bank...... Especially once the real story on these comes out(the Chinese aren't talking & a few folks have pointed the finger at Albania). No one really knows anything definate about them.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
They are pretty neat mags, I value it at 15-20.

I have a factory made Chinese all stamped 20rd mag. I have yet to see a second one like it. :wink:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
vatolocal said:
They are pretty neat mags, I value it at 15-20.

I have a factory made Chinese all stamped 20rd mag. I have yet to see a second one like it. :wink:

Those are somewhat common. Does yours have the star, or no star? They are referred to as Type 68 mags... though no one knows for sure what they are for. I've seen a few pics of them in use with the Type 68 though.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Your magazine is often referred to a "Type 68" or "Type 63/68" magazine originally for the Chinese select-fire SKS rifle:

There's several guys on the SKS forum that have a few of the variants of those. They came in the "star on the side" version as pictured, ribbed-sided (without the star), and a black plastic/bakelite version. Up until about a month or so ago there was a fellow from China that usually sold each version on the auctions for about $70. I believe the Chinese also used those 20rd magazines for their Type 86 bullpup-style rifles for a while.

·
Registered
128 Posts
crazychris said:

i got this today for the excellent price of ZERO!i think its an all-stamped chinese?i let a buddy borrow my dremel in feb and he lost it in his move.he finally found it and sent it back with the mag as intrest.whats it worth?
looks just like the one i got. BTW does your's have a flat bottom? mine's bowed a little :sad: won't fit into my ak either :neutral:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The Type 68 isn't an SKS... it is the first step in Chinese re-designing of Soviet weapons. It has the short stroke system and stock of an SKS, but the rotating bolt of an AK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts