AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on our wedding anniversery. My mom watched the kid, and off we went to ride for an hour, have lunch and go to the range. I was also able to test out some 223 I made up last week also. I brought along a few of her favorite pistols also. Good times.

·
Registered
774 Posts
congratulations. we've been married 32 years and my wife just started shooting this year (and last spring came home from a class taught by women for women and asked for a Kahr K9 for mother's day which of course she got- and I checked off a "bucket" wish). it's great that both of you enjoy this sport.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
jasonb said:
4. :dance:
congrats man.me and the mrs. crazychris just celebrated 7 yrs together the other day.she'd be insane if i could take her horseback riding THEN shooting.she loves her cur2 :twisted: .

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Looks like yall had a great time..Im at 15 years with my wife..

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Looks like you two had fun congrats :party:

We're going to Vegas next month for our 2nd year. We'll be shooting machine guns (buddy of mine that lives there is a big NFA collector :grin: ) Taking a helicopter to the grand canyon (paying out of my ass for that one) and six nights stay at the Bellagio. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....I can't freaking wait!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
hotel triple nickle said:
congratulations. we've been married 32 years and my wife just started shooting this year (and last spring came home from a class taught by women for women and asked for a Kahr K9 for mother's day which of course she got- and I checked off a "bucket" wish). it's great that both of you enjoy this sport.
How did she come by the selection of Kahr vs. another brand?

G

·
0 Posts
Seeing now how akward it is for a leftie to handle an AR makes me feel kinda bad for all the lefties in the gun world. Ever thought about a Stag left hand model?

And congrats on 4 years... I'm goin' on seven.

Marriage is kinda like this.... :oops: :shock: :grin: :smile: :eek: :sad: :mad: :neutral: :roll: :evil: :confused: :cool: :smile: :lol: :dance:

Many ups and downs....but wouldn't change it for the world.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Congratulations :dance:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
308inthebush said:
Seeing now how akward it is for a leftie to handle an AR makes me feel kinda bad for all the lefties in the gun world. Ever thought about a Stag left hand model?
I have an LMT ambi safety, and that's it. I have been adapting to a right handed world for so long, that anything specifically for a lefty wouldn't feel right. Without the fwd grip, i hold the fron of the mag well. From there, I can drop a mag, or the bolt without moving my firing hand. :grin: My HKs are set up V4 or le mod. Pistold are actually fasted to use my middle finger to dpop the mag, rather than a thumb.

Thanks for all of the kind comments, it's been a fun run. Who'd a thought that a blind date when i was a senior in highschool would turn out like this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
red_metallic said:
[quote="hotel triple nickle":19dmo2bz]congratulations. we've been married 32 years and my wife just started shooting this year (and last spring came home from a class taught by women for women and asked for a Kahr K9 for mother's day which of course she got- and I checked off a "bucket" wish). it's great that both of you enjoy this sport.
How did she come by the selection of Kahr vs. another brand?[/quote:19dmo2bz]

She'd never even moved a gun before that weekend (might go off you know) and the Kahr was the one the instructor helped her select. she put 250 rounds thru it and was hooked. and honestly if she'd said I want a B52 i would have tried to get one. I've been thru 3 bouts of cancer (cured now, so they say) and I'm 59, I just wanted her to learn to enjoy shooting with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts