AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an aks74 build from a professional builder where the stock indent area does not line up with the trunion catch/hook.

it lines up enough to hold it, but pulls the hook downward about 10-15 degrees.

would this be a problem in the long run or is it no big deal?

many thanks.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you are not satisfied with the builders job. You should contact your builder first. It may help the builder if you can take some detailed pictures of the area of consern. Give them a chance to explain or fix it if something is wrong.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understood.

i was curious if others would bother getting it fixed. it still functions. i wasn't sure if this was a common issue or not.

thx.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
From what you described I thought of this:

Was the original front trunnion for a sidefolder?
It could have been drilled wrong if not. Usually only a 3 degree error in this case.

Is the receiver bulged when looking from the front? Too much pressure from riveting torqued the receiver. Changing the receiver hole dimensions for the sidelatch pin.

Is sidelatch pin retained by the spring itself or did it pop loose?

Can you post any pictures showing what you are seeing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for following up tangotag.

i have not described this real well. i will try and post some pics.

everything seems to be installed right from a proper side folder kit. its just that the latch lines up with the edge of where its supposed to. i was just curious whether others would try and have the builder fix this, or if its just no big deal/fairly common.

i am sure the builder would be happy to take a look. but then i have to be without it for a while, ship it, etc. i was curious if others would go to this trouble or not.

anyway thanks again, will try and post some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts