AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
IIRC Will @ Redjacket did manage to make a Galil AR mag adapter work in a Saiga.

·
Banned
2,035 Posts
rdm said:
IIRC Will @ Redjacket did manage to make a Galil AR mag adapter work in a Saiga.
those adapters are about gone now , maybe ORF still has some but I don't think so . Soooo , we've been working on our own version . To include the original "push button " release . I'm expecting a working model this week . Will

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Galil with the adapter.

...and I cringe to say it, but Hesse Arms did a batch of 5.56 AK's that had some sort of permanent adapter to fit AR-15 mags. I have seen a fwe pics but never handled one.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Ermac said:
BB said:
How is the SIG anything like an AK?
The SIG is essentially a derivative of the AK. Its pretty evident when you look at the internals.
Check out the bolt/carrier:

nalioth said:
C'mon dude, it's JUST LIKE the Kel-Tec SU-16, and IT'S an AK, too!!!!!
Some folks call anything with an attached gas piston an "AK".
The Kel-Tec is more a bastard AR180 derivative. Again, pretty evident it you look at the internals (and know something about what you are looking at, LOL).
Kel-tec:

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
BB said:
If folks are saying Galil I can say SIG.
The SIG is essentially a derivative of the AK. Its pretty evident when you look at the internals.
The Galil can actually be traced back to the AKM.

The SIG uses features found in the AK, but can't be directly traced to any Kalashnikov.

The SIG also uses many AR features.

So what is it? AK or AR?

Oh wait, that's been done to death already.

Let's not forget the Daewoo K1/K2, the aforementioned Kel-Tecs, and quite a few more that are 'internally similar" to the AK, but are not 'AKs'.

Bulldozers are internally similar to automobiles, but you don't call your bulldozer a porsche.

·
Banned
443 Posts
LOL, ok, I'll bite. So, how can the Galil be "directly traced back" to the AK, but the SIG cannot?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
BB said:
LOL, ok, I'll bite. So, how can the Galil be "directly traced back" to the AK, but the SIG cannot?
Sorry, dude, I don't know what I'm looking at.

I'm sure you insulted quite a few others here who "don't know what they're looking at", either.

·
Banned
443 Posts
nalioth said:
BB said:
Sorry, dude, I don't know what I'm looking at.

I'm sure you insulted quite a few others here who "don't know what they're looking at", either.
Yeah, true; but they all probably "call anything with an attached gas piston an "AK" too. :roll:

Spare me your melodrama. You opened the can of worms with you jackass comment, now you want to play the insulted pariah? Unbunch your panties (oh my, I hope you didn'nt find that insulting LOL).

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Ermac said:
It's not an AK to me.
Well, for purposes of this thread that pretty much settles the argument! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
rdm said:
Not only Will, there are a few of the guys on the S12 forum that have done that, one of them was looking at using the magwell from the Remington 7615 as well, he never got back to us it worked or not.

Either way, using a magwell and a bit of tweaking and you can do it... IIRC another manufacturer said they "may" make an adapter like the Galil adapter.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe it's a good thing they don't make many AKs with Stanags because they break more easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts