AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the early days you mostly had Chinese, Egyptian Maadi's, & Valmets

Now with the collapse of the Soviet Union, the hay day of parts kits etc seems like the options are limitless?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
In the early days you mostly had Chinese, Egyptian Maadi's, & Valmets

Now with the collapse of the Soviet Union, the hay day of parts kits etc seems like the options are limitless?
Filming out-of-country opens up some options as well.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Yea but you really gotta be into it to know. I wouldn't know a Vietnam era tank form a .......

·
Registered
710 Posts
Lol that tank was so out of place. "Blah blah blah, when the zombies came I took it blah." Lol Yeah, those Patton tanks see a whole lotta use these days.

I think I've even seen a few .177 air guns in that show as 'sniper rifles'. I don't really mind it though. My one gripe is how some of the actors simulate recoil.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just saw a recently made Viet Nam era movie. All correct SP1 type AR's. No M-4's in that movie. In many of the Bruce Willis Diehard movies, they were using Japanese ham radio 2-way radios instead of correct Motorola radios. I've seen movies where a car which was in an accident has no damage in the next scene. There are people who are supposed to make sure the correct props are used, & cars damaged in one scene have no damage 2 minutes later. GARY

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Watched one of the newer Steven Segal movies in December. The bad guys were using Md 90's and Segal used one also at different times.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
ive watched the Walking Dead..but I dont think I ever heard them state a timeline..so the Tank may have been ok...or a reservist type thing..as to weapons in films...it depends on if the right people do the prop acuiosition. I ve worked on some small films and provided some of my own weapons and i always ask questions for whats needed and a time line or era the weapons should be in. I worked on a short WW2 film once where they had managed to get ahold of several M1A rifles instead of Garands and had kevlar helmets with fish nets on them...so I got some re-enactor buddies to show up and bring the right stuff to help out and they got paid in food and got to be extras in some battle scenes...still waiting for it to finish editing right now. but yeah..lots of films use what ever is around and ALOT of airsoft stuff with digital editing now..

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Lol I'm glad others noticed that tank off the bat. Also there no recoil or shell ejections when they shoot in TWD as well. One episode that made me realize this was they someone was in the prison tower with a AK shooting (full auto none the less).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts