AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were these ever real on Soviet/Russian AKS-74Us or is it a figment of an overmarketed imagination?
If these are/were real what years would correct for them?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Im sure Tantal will jump in to clarify, but I believe they were prototype and did not go into actual production. They are super, super, super rare.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
The pictures commonly seen are of an '86.

Doug (Tantal) made an excellent post years ago about how TsNIITochMash designed plum furniture and sent it to Tula/Izhmash for testing. I'd recommend searching for it if you are interested. Tula never put it into production. KVAR made clones of them for awhile but I don't think they still do.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I ordered some from kvar a couple of months ago, don't know if they still have them in stock though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just found a plum AKSU set that I had purchased from Kvar for my Tula build a couple of years ago. I decided to use the original wood handguards for the Tula. I decided to use the Plum set with pistol grip for an AKSU in 5.56 instead. It isn't finished yet, but I will post some pics when complete.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Had one stashed away. Couldnt find a use for it until i got a matching grip and plum magazine. Now my 107UR uses it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts