AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the quality of the Akron Armoury Polish kits both in 7.62 and the 5.45 Tantals?

I ask as I 'may' try my first AK build.

Anyone recommend a good receiver for the underfolder 7.62 kit?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Contact greentimber. Last I knew, he still had some of both left for sale.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks for the nod, Corn!

I have gotten some nice kits from Bob and I have gotten a bunch of shit from Bob.

I still have some VG condition kits (3-4 I think), but I won't be able to ship for a while. I'd suggest contacting Dan at Dan's Ammo for a kit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I picked up a collector's grade underfolder from Dan's and it is perfect. Brand new gun still thick with cosmoline. Bayonet didn't match the kit, but I don't care for bayonets anyway so it doesn't matter to me. Seems like quite a deal for 249 shippped.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dan's Ammo is great. I've got alot of nice kits from Dan. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts
Dan is the man! A stand up guy in the industry!.....you will get what you paid for :wink: !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yep Dan's BIG TIME!!!!

:reaper: :dance: :shock: :bh: :animak: :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hawk,

Have no fears of purchasing from Akron Armory or Dans - both have top notch kits and are straight shooters. I would recommend you try a Polish 7.62 akms before the Tantal though.

Or better yet a Romy kit if this is your first one, there will be less cost all around, and not as much frustration if things go of course.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got TWO Romy's on the way for my FIRST build. I figured what the heck if one was fun then TWO should be even better! :grin:

May try a Polish folder for my third build though.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Hawk45 said:
Got TWO Romy's on the way for my FIRST build. I figured what the heck if one was fun then TWO should be even better! :grin:

Good to see another addict getting hooked. Buy all the kits you can afford now, I doubt they will go down in value if you give up the AK habit and need to sell them off later. [yeah, right]

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Dutchkma said:
Hawk45 said:

Buy all the kits you can afford now, I doubt they will go down in value if you give up the AK habit and need to sell them off later. [yeah, right]

+1 Get as many as you can afford. Consider an RPK kit as well :wink:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sell? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope y'all are happy feeding the habit of a new AK Junkie! :grin: Now where did I put that big ass hammer?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I spent several thousand dollars on PMKMS kits after being assured of their premium quality. Upon inspection, a few were as promised, most weren't, many were shit. I took it in the ass on them.

The Tantal kits I bought were as expected.

This is when Bob, Dan, and ORF were working together. All I got from Bob were excuses, stalls, and lies. Dan actually gave me straight answers and did what he could to repair the deal that wasn't even his.

If you watch this thread and probably some of the other boards, you'll soon see people who've bought Bob's "BBQ" coming out of the woodwork to defend him and trash me for the above statements. I'd bet money on it. He puts on a good show and usually comes through one at a time. I'm not the only one he burned in larger purchases, though.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am also someone who had troubles with Bob. It wasn't near the scale of Greentimber's problems, but was much longer in duration. As a result, I will never deal with Bob again. The way I see it, everyone seems to have one firearms vendor they have had problems with. Bob is mine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.