AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built it on an unfired cut-barrel AMD65 kit from Copes. I bought an AKM blonde wood buttstock from Ironwood and matched it real well to a set of exellent condition wood "I" grips. Compliance parts are: an NDS-1 with custom Hungarian selector markings custom serial numbered ( to the kit numbers) receiver, G2 FCG, gas piston and buttstock. All of the rivets went in real well. I parked it before and after riveting and receiver trimming/squareing. I got lucky and all of the Hungarian barrel parts pressed tightly onto the Romanian AKM barrel and when I pressed it into the trunion, I headspaced it nice and snug. Will36 was kind enough to do a great job of modifying an AKM gas tube into an AKM63 gas tube for me. I applied HK black Duracoat over the parkerizing. This was not an expensive build. Kit was $138 with shipping from Copes, barrel was $50 from Apex, compliance parts were about $100 including a new buttstock from Ironwood, NDS-1 /W custom selector markings and transfer fee $150, rivets and Duracoat about $25 for a grand total of $463. I don't think that is too bad for a build on an unfired kit on an NDS premium receiver with custom selector markings, considering what prices have escalated to these days. I am very happy with the way this one went together.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
amd63 clone

Thanks guys. I had to take that pic inside the house. It would have looked better taken outside. If I was to wait on the sun, it might be a while. A tropical storm is supposed to be with us most of the week.

·
Registered
221 Posts
45th anniversary of AKM-63

Congratulation! Very nice one!
Do you know, it is a 45 years old construction?
Here is it's anniversary wine!
There are only 30 numbered bottle. Costs just 10 USD + transporting from Hungary...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts