AK Rifles banner

AKM Wood Furniture Change

1031 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Richard W.
Hey everyone,

I've been looking to change the upper handguard on my stamped SLR-107R for wood. I've been looking for a part that'll fit but no luck. Does anyone know where I might find a piece that'll fit?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
any non yugo should work. may need a little effort fitting to your rifle but that's normal. google ak hand guards for sale
Thanks, everyone! I assume the same applies for all furniture?
Most AKM., but not all.
There are a few exceptions.
Try installing without the spring first..can usually see if it’s going to even spin on and if there’s any wood keeping it from rotating can file a little to fit it. Once it goes on and comes off easily try it with the spring. I use an adjustable wrench on the flat rear sides and with my other hand squeeze the wood and gas tube together tight to compress the spring, then rotate with the wrench.
Those Polish uppers new out of the parts chest will be a tight fit. Grease or oil the bosses on the gas tube before you try to mount it.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.