AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes.

I use an East German AKM selector on one of my Tantal builds with a G2.

Works just like any normal AK.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Z_Recto for the information. You probably will not believe this, or remember me but I bought a Synthetic BERYL top handguard off from you about 2 years ago and that is still for this unbuilt kit!

I plan on using a NDS AK74 Premium receiver and adding a side scope mount to it. I would like a scope rail that uses the rear trunnion rivet as one of its rivets. Any idea where to find one of those?

Also, I hope there is no difference in the AMD-65 safety selector and all others, because for $7 it seems pretty cheap. :grin:

·
Registered
736 Posts
K-VAR has their side rails back in stock. They attach using one of the rivets on a AK-74 fixed stock rear trunnion.

Tantal offers several types of side rails, including a German-made near duplicate of what K-VAR offers, as well as one that would mount using one of the rivets of a AKM fixed stock rear trunnion.

The Polish Tantal folding stock attaches using 2 long rivets, so I don't think there is any way to use either of these 2 mentioned rails with that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Barrelburner, if a scope mount will work with an AKM and use the rear trunnion then I believe it will work with a Tantal. From my observation the rear trunnion on the Tantal is basically the exact same as an AKM. Maybe I will e-mail Tantal and ask him which one is correct.

:grin:

·
Registered
736 Posts
The rear tang that sticks out of a Polish Tantal after removing the folding stock is the same. And a fixed stock will mount up to a Tantal's rear trunnion.

I would have to look at a AKM rear trunnion and a Tantal rear trunnion..I can't remember the differences in the actual trunnion.

Tantal has a side rail that mounts with threaded screws in a different location than the rear trunnion. That might work also.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Tantal rear trunions are AKM rivet pattern, 74 side rails wont fit

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Bulgarian 74 rail set on a NDS Tantal receiver

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys, I would prefer to get a rail that uses the rear rivet that way I will be able to line everything up a lot easier. The Romanian AKM rifles that Century has all have scope rails, I just want one like theirs. I do not have a Tantal rear trunnion in hand but I believe they are almost identical to the standard rear trunnion and the holes are the same.

Any idea what rail Century uses, or where I could get some? Thanks

·
Registered
736 Posts
From Tantal's website:

RMP-2 This is a direct copy CNC-produced replica of the early Soviet AK-74 rail of the 1973-78 era. This design was also used on the RPK-74 for it's entire production run. It has AKM rivet spacing, so it will fit any AKM rifle (or rifles using the AKM style rear trunnion such as the Romanian AK-74). It has a 4.5mm rear rivet hole size and is supplied in a media blasted matte black oxide finish. It can be bought individually, or in kit form if you need the correct rivets and detailed illustrated instructions for assembly to your rifle. It has total compatibility with all Russian based AK optics and night vision devices. Turn your RPK-74 into an RPK-74N!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much BarrelBurner, I think that is what I need right there. I see cheapo rails for $15-20 but it is a shame they don't fit the way I need them. It isn't that big of a deal to pay a little extra anyway, I figure that one is a top quality product from Tantal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts