AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I am new to this forum and honestly, do not know much about AK's. I was hoping you all could help me with putting a finger down on what exactly this AK is. I know there re countless variants, but I do not want to advertise what I have without knowing for sure. I have some photos I am posting with this thread so you can see what it is marked with.

A little information on what I do know. It is an import, as it has marks from James River Armory. I have somewhat lead myself to the conclusion that it is from Atlantic Firearms. But I am not sure once again.

If you would have any idea of the value as well please let me know.

One last thing, I am not sure the country of origin. If it does pertain, please let me know.

I appreciate all your patience with me.:flush:

20150703_215414.jpg 20150703_215358.jpg 20150703_215433.jpg 20150703_215829.jpg 20150703_215454.jpg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It looks to be a Polish parts kits built by James River Armory on one of their receivers. It probably was built on a US barrel also.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Looks like you got a mix of parts there. The trunnion is definitely polish but the rest, who knows. AFAIK, polish rifles never had numbered handguards so it could be built with russian parts or done up as a clone. Pics of the rest of the AK is needed to ID it.

Also, unless the RSB was modified, the RPK sight is kinda worthless.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
First, welcome to the forum, looks like your first post. We love our AKs and this is a site for AK enthusiasts of all types (including a cadre of some pretty hardcore collectors who are incredibly knowledgeable about this rifle, but can come off as a bit snooty sometimes :wink:)

Though its likely the case, we can't quite call "mutt" from the limited information you've provided, let's probe a bit deeper. The unanswered question is whether or not the serial numbers on the parts set used to fabricate this gun match the front trunnion. Check the numbers on the bolt carrier, bolt, receiver cover (back end), gas tube (visible on underside), return spring, selector. Serial numbers are obvious enough, but its possible parts are not numbered, so don't go nuts trying to find something that's not there.

All of this said, you didn't buy the gun as a collector investment and if it functions reliably and shoots straight you've got yourself a good rifle. We all started out knowing absolutely nothing about AKs and worked our way up from there. You can too if you like the platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts