AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Soviet AKM parts kit that is missing the front trunnion, so I can't tell for sure which arsenal made it and in what year. However, it was sold to me as Izhevsk, and looking at the "Tula AKM parts exchange thread" posting, I don't see my serial number range listed, so I assume it might be Izhevsk.

The serial number on my bolt, bolt carrier, top cover, and gas tube is (translated to English) RL 844 - the Cyrillic letters look like Pn, but the bottom of the left leg on the second letter curves out some.

The stock has the sling swivel on the left side towards the back, not on the bottom, and the lower handguard retainer, gas block, and front sight base are all cast. The top cover is not flared out on the right side like some I've seen in photos.

I've found a source who lists Izhevsk front trunnions for sale, if they don't have one with the same Cyrillic letters prefix as my kit, I'd at least like to get one from the same year.

Is there any message thread listing Izhevsk trunnion dates and serial numbers like the one for Tula rifles?

thanks,
Marcus

·
Registered
745 Posts
Marcus said:
Is there any message thread listing Izhevsk trunnion dates and serial numbers like the one for Tula rifles?

thanks,
Marcus
I'm not aware of anyone putting together a set of Izhevsk dates/codes like they have with Tula. I suppose there haven't been enough Izhevsk rifles around for folks to bother with making one. IMO it would be a good idea though, maybe fit the two lists together into a sticky. I've got an Iz trunnion myself I'd like to compare with other batch codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts