AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Russian AKM build that went wrong!

I'd buy it and send it to someone who can replace the reciever and get it working.

Here's the sellers description:

This gun does not fire and needs major work. My builder (or should I say ex-builder) really screwed this gun up. The major problem with the gun is that it will not exept a mag (mag won't lock-in) and it won't chamber a round. This gun was built on a horn reciever wich is a piece of junk. My ex-builder tried to get the mags to lock in by "adjusting the trunion". When I say that it looks like he welded a small part of the trunion to try and get the mags to fit. My recommendation if you buy this gun is to cut the reciever and start a new. Again, I would cut the receiver and build a new gun, the horn receiver is JUNK!!. With that being said, the rest of the gun is in excellent condition. There is no rust that I can see on any of the gun and barrel (bore) is in excellent condition. I do not know if the trunion is usable on this gun for a build. It is the stamped receiver version with the laminate wood furniture that is is excellent condition (there are small dings and small scatches, nothing deep). I am including one original Tula 30rd. Bakelite mag, mag is used shows use but in good to v-good condition, needs cleaning. Mag is include with this kit for states that allow high cap mags. This gun (receiver) in its current configuration is a piece of junk, but the parts are in excellent condition and will make a very nice build for someone. This rifle is being sold as-is.

Is this a candidate for a re-build?
Can it be re-built?

Thanks!

Rusty

·
Registered
181 Posts
If the price is right, buy it. Although I would want to see what kind of trunnion modifications the hack did before I bought it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
if the price is fair for the kit buy it
have him cut the rec in 3 chunks ( no need paying for a worthless rec)

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Right price, I'd buy it. I've seen some folks perform some miracle resurrections on these boards. Kind of a shame someone hacked it though. Post some pics and you'll get plenty of suggestions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

It's currently at $325

What's a good price to pay?

Thanks!

Rusty.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Pics and/or very accurate description need to determine if you should go higher. Russian kits have gone into the stratosphere on Gunbroker, really depends on your need and desire for a Russian kit. Most AKM Russian kits I remember sold $850+.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would pass. Especially if it has to go through a FFL. There are lots of nice kits for less than that. Plus having to go thorough a FFL for just the parts adds even more drama

·
Registered
812 Posts
HuliganRS said:
Thanks!

It's currently at $325

What's a good price to pay?

Thanks!

Rusty.
Buy it....Or at least post the link so I can buy it!!!

No...Seriously, The mag is worth $100 by itself. I'd go as high as $400 for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts