AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have an all matching AKM-63 or whatever the right nomenclature may be..including original barrel..just missing the original buttstock and one of the wood pistol grips as I was going to use Ironwood for 922r so I sold those parts. I need to probably sell the kit pretty soon but I am not sure of the current values of these. All numbers match and overall the kit is in about 97% condition. Only some wear on the bolt itself from being operated. barrel is perfect...anyone know a going rate for these? I dont have pics available..just need an idea where to start...and i know i lose some value for the stock being missing...thanks..

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Well, the AK-63d kits sold on Apex a while back for $350 and they sold out within a day, but from what I understand they are a bit more rare and I'm happy I got one. I would venture to guess $400-500, but I'm no expert here. No kits are available under $300 or so that I have seen. I also really wish I had the cash for it right now because I'm developing a soft spot for Hungarian AK's.

·
1,092 Posts
I second this estimate anywhere from $400-$550 depending on condition and completeness.

·
Technical Advisor
15,512 Posts
The Hungarian kits (other than AMD65) are fairly uncommon., An AK63F is a nice one. The missing pistol grip is an easy find but te buttstock is a bit of an issue. A $73 Ironwoode cost or a $100-$125 original Hungarian cost., A solid $550-$600 kit IMHO as is,

·
Banned
950 Posts
In the end it's just an AMD sheet metal handguard, a Saiga gas tube, and an Ironwood stock set away from turning any post ban Hungarian KBI into an AKM 63.

You don't have the buttstock. Hell I'd part the thing out at this point. The barrel if original is worth some money.

·
Technical Advisor
15,512 Posts
In the end it's just an AMD sheet metal handguard, a Saiga gas tube, and an Ironwood stock set away from turning any post ban Hungarian KBI into an AKM 63.

You don't have the buttstock. Hell I'd part the thing out at this point. The barrel if original is worth some money.
That depends on how close a clone one is attempting to build. The original parts are worth more than "take off" parts from a Saiga etc., IMHO. The Hungarian handguard retainer, sight ladder, gas block and various other parts are unique to the Hungarian AK63F.
But for a casual buyer the kit may or may not have collector or special value. A populated AK63F or any milspec barrel assembly is worth some $$. But worth more as a kit IMHO in this case.
But worth what someone will pay.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts