AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can use with Combloc receiver to build a SBR krink? I really do not have any interest in a US Made receiver on a combloc gun. I see the Draco's but they do need seem to accept folding stock? Also they are 7.62 and I would prefer a 5.45. to be kinda accurate. Sorry for a newbie question. I am more versed with full length AKM and SKS stuff.

· Registered
76 Posts
Short of chopping up a Saiga, you're basically out of luck without using a US made (or at least finished) receiver.

Reactions: GTO71

· Registered
7,270 Posts
Or you could buy an Arsenal SLR-104UR as it's a factory built Bulgarian krink.

Using a Romanian receiver for a krink would actually be less authentic than a US made receiver that was specifically made to be a copy of the original. My advice is to not get totally hung up on getting a foreign made receiver. I'm pretty anal retentive but gave that up long ago in order to be able to actually build my kits. I have no regrets. Remember that none are fully authentic because they don't have the third pin hole for full auto.

· Registered
148 Posts
Is there anything I can use with Combloc receiver to build a SBR krink? I really do not have any interest in a US Made receiver on a combloc gun. I see the Draco's but they do need seem to accept folding stock? Also they are 7.62 and I would prefer a 5.45. to be kinda accurate. Sorry for a newbie question. I am more versed with full length AKM and SKS stuff.
Yes you can use a normal AKM reciever if you are building a 7.62x39 Krink/Kronk
And you can use a AK74 reciever if it's a 5.45.

· Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Post a WTB here or on akfiles. You may find somone who robbed the barrel from a Saiga or Verpr that you can reuse.. but it wont be accurate looks wise.
Factory SBR from Arsenal is going to hold it's value and be more readily transferred if you end up selling later versus a build with trust/individual info on it. It's pretty common for SBRs to get built, then turned into a parts kit and removed from the registry rather than transferring.
The draco's you'd build into an AIMR clone, which is the Romanian SBR, totally different looking animal than the Russian pattern, Yugo M85 or M92 are both SBR as well as an AMD-65. There's also some German SBRs as well but you're going to be looking a long time for one of those and paying out the nose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts