AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to take off the front trunnion and barrel to cut out the receiver for the stock catch assembly? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
well you dont have to,...

i thought it would be easier if the front trunnion was out of the way,.. once the rear fit correctly into the trunnion i put the stock on and folded it to see where the hook would need to go,...i used a marker to make the marks where i would have to cut,..and used the hole in the trunnion as kind of a drill guide for the pin hole in the reciver,.. then filed it out until it was big enough for the pin.

of course i had the luxery to remove the trunnion and other parts at will because nothing had been rivited,... only locked in place with a C clamp

your mileage may vary

the other way is get the blueprint off pookies site and go by that if the trunnion is installed.

a little advice though,...when you go to put the spring in the rear trunnion,...do it with the rifle inside of a huge zip lok bag,...the first few times i tried it the spring flew out like a bat outta hell

also that pin hook and spring up front will piss you off so bad you will want to smash the kit into little pieces,...take your time,.. you will win eventually.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The latch pin is a real bastard to put in sometimes. It's a whole lot easier with the barrel out so you can line up the pin with the hole in the trunion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts