AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my (2) AK47 Smith Enterprises Vortex FH's today. Looks mean ass on a SA M7. The other is for my Polish UF. The FH does not have a detent lock. It is the standard self tightening configuration, 14x1. Smith is only making a few for the civilian market. Talked to him last week. The rest are for SF. Have not shot it yet. If you want one or two or....order soon!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would really like to see some pics! :cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here is what $55 will look like hanging off the end of your AK. And on the website it doesn't say that these are a limited offering to the public, it says "finally available for the retail market".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for "limited availability", Smith changed the description portion of the of the add for that FH. Last week it did say as stated. I guess he made enough of them. Anyway, they are very effective. I set up my camcorder and taped a firing session in total darkness. You can just barely see the flash.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
vortex flash hider

They're referring to krink type ak's (s74u)...this type of flash hider might create cycling problems with the shorter barreled guns...that's my guess anyway.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I realized that they meant the Krinkov, but I just didn't know why. I guess potential cycling problems makes sense. I might still order one anyway to try out on my Krink.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
The Krink flash suppressors and muzzle brakes actually add gas pressure to the cycling, where the Vortex won't and probably won't let he weapon cycle reliably.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts