AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AK47 Type 1 T1 Front Trunnions - Newly manufactured by Tortort Manufacturing

I supplied the dimensions for the external features taken from an original T1 front trunnion, these were merged with Tortort's known load bearing internals to create the solid model Tortort used to machine this.
Heat treated to 40Rc, M26x1.5 thread, proper lugs, slotted for sheet metal receiver install. The receiver wings or extensions are left long so they can be trimmed to perfectly fit the receiver rails in the receiver shell this is fitted to.
This is an option for someone with an incomplete T1 kit. If you have tried to find an original T1 front trunnion, you know they are nearly impossible to find and you can't finish your T1 build without one. If you do find one, it probably was cut for import and has new extensions welded on.
I have been chasing after T1 parts for years and have never come across a T1 front trunnion for sale by itself, only in a kit.
For those interested in putting together a T1, there are other parties involved in making other T1 parts. This is a way to start realizing your dream of owning a type 1 AK without having to sell off a kidney.
This should be assembled to a type 1 receiver shell by a qualified AK smith. Some fitting may be involved.

Price is $389.

Payment is by USPS Money Order only. Shipping will be $20 flat rate by USPS Priority. Insurance is included for the purchase price.

If interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Auto part Composite material Rectangle Automotive exterior Plastic

Automotive exterior Rectangle Composite material Auto part Cleanliness

Gas Metal Camera accessory Bumper Auto part

Wood Bumper Composite material Automotive exterior Fashion accessory

Household hardware Auto part Gas Rectangle Metal

Gun barrel Revolver Camera accessory Gun accessory Camera

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Okay, you all. Parts update for those wishing to build a Type 1 AK from new parts.

I spoke to Obstreperous and he has graciously given me permission to report that he has a batch of Lothar Walter barrel blanks on the way to make new T1 barrels from.

TurboThis had previously made one or more runs of T1 receiver shells. As most of you know, Fate kicked him right in the nuts about a year ago and his shop burned down along with all his equipment. He is working to get back on his feet again to keep doing what he does best, AK stuff.

Once he is operational again, the community with an interest in T1 receiver shells might gently inquire if he would be interested in making new T1 receivers. I really hope he would be amenable to this as he is not new at it.

Regarding the other bits that are peculiar to the T1, I have examples of each part except for a fixed stock rear trunnion. If anyone has an example they would be willing to loan to reverse-engineer, please contact me.

I intend to have a run of underfolder rear trunnions made next. The barrel parts will follow, one at a time. Over the space of a few years, if Fate doesn't kick me in the nuts, all the unique T1 parts will have been newly machined and sent to good homes. If anyone with machining experience reading this has been having an itch to machine one or more parts, please contact me. The more of us that start cranking out good parts as soon as possible, the better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
good to know.
i'm planning on using few compatible t3 parts: BCG, RSB and HG retainer, top cover, selector and recoil assy. from what i've seen trigger guard/mag latch is fairly different on t1 but i think standard t3 could be reworked to suit.

as far as barrels go, i asked Curtis of AKB if he has an ETA for T3 barrels, he said - that at the moment they are unable to source the blanks in this caliber.
do you know if Obstreperous barrels will be chrome-lined and what's the price range on his?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I have LW blanks coming mostly for SVD barrels but have enough to make a small run of T1 and Tabuk barrels.
I will try and make 10 (or more if needed) of the T1 so I can send them to chrome. As mentioned finding blanks is next to impossible. The LW blanks have to come from Germany and are pricey even with the discount I got. These will not be AKB prices.
I am firming up quantities and prices for all the barrels but should be around $350 for the T1

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I have LW blanks coming mostly for SVD barrels but have enough to make a small run of T1 and Tabuk barrels.
I will try and make 10 (or more if needed) of the T1 so I can send them to chrome. As mentioned finding blanks is next to impossible. The LW blanks have to come from Germany and are pricey even with the discount I got. These will not be AKB prices.
I am firming up quantities and prices for all the barrels but should be around $350 for the T1
Such a fair price for what it is honestly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts