AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking on building an AK in 6.5 Grendel.
I used the search feature in this and in the other forum and only came back with a report about Marc Krebs project. After that, nothing.
Has anybody else done it? I would like to hear about it, but also would like to hear ideas and opinions from others.
Right now I have a kit of mixed Hungarian parts eager to get built, and as far as I understand, I would only need a barrel that leaves 0.125” for the headspace (contrary to the 0.135” needed for a true Grendel, as I don’t want to machine the regular AK bolt).
Anybody knows of a possible source for 6.5 Grendel barrels for the AK47?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I have a bin full of parts for one.Lack of cheaper 6.5 ammo and rumors of 6.5 Vepr's and sloth have it unbuilt .
To me the mag is the rub.You'll need an AR adapter and Grendel AR mags.I have seen a VZ58 in 6.5 built.On Weaponsguild IIRC.
Don't recall seeing any 6.5 AK profile barrels anywhere.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I'm actually going to be working on one soon. I'm doing one based on an M72 kit and I'll be having a local shop custom turn my barrel. A guy that goes by MtDew has done one on gunco I believe. I'm just sort of stuck on the magazine part as I would really like to avoid using AR mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts