AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gotten or have any experience with the .22lr ak's that SOG is selling?
I ordered one but I'm not really sure what to expect.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I want one,but I just have'nt made the move on one yet.Let me know how you like yours. :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I bought the RPK version, had to mess with the mags to get them to feed properly. Still have a few problems with ejection, empties tend to not clear the dust cover, end up rattling around the trigger and gas tube. But it is another piece for the proper "collection". There seems to be quite a few for sale right now, my local Dunham's has an AKM version on sale for $250.00
[/img]

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Are only 10 rounders available?

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Spare mags are hard to come by, and yes, 10 rounders are all that are available. It is my understanding the the mags as shown in the pics I posted are converted Weigers. There was a post on this subject on AK files that one owner had stuffed another mag inside and got better feed. Suppose you could come up with something, but no other commercial options available at this time that I am aware of.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I saw some at gun show this weekend....For 600 bucks....I just laughed sat it donw and keps walking......I have been eyeballing them for a while now.....Does anyone have one? Are they fun to shoot? accuracy? I wan one to teach the kids/nieces and nephews with...

·
Registered
189 Posts
rangerat said:
Anyone gotten or have any experience with the .22lr ak's that SOG is selling?
I ordered one but I'm not really sure what to expect.
Didn't you just ask this question on arfcom?

Anyway, I can give you my answer again. :grin: I have one of the AKT-98's from SOG. It's a great little gun thats a lot of fun to shoot. Since it works on blowback only, you will need to use some hot loads. I use CCI Velocitors and they work great. Go get one and you will have a lot of fun.

Accountant

·
Registered
189 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
I saw some at gun show this weekend....For 600 bucks....I just laughed sat it donw and keps walking......I have been eyeballing them for a while now.....Does anyone have one? Are they fun to shoot? accuracy? I wan one to teach the kids/nieces and nephews with...
$600? Are you sure it was an AKT-98 and not an Armscorp?

I wish you would have pointed it out to me. :smile:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
arfcom posting

Yes I posted this question on arfcom too as I think some people over there don't come here. Just widening the area for the question.

SOG sells the mags for about twenty bucks each. I ordered three extras. You gonna have a gun, you gotta have mags.

Thanks for the responses and I hope it looks as good as the rpk version looks.

Kelly

·
Registered
917 Posts
What do the feedlips of the mags look like? Are they the same as the German .22 AKs? I have found the German .22 mags fairly cheaply, and was wondering if they will work in this gun.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I'll snap some pics tonight. The ones that I have are a hastily modified AK mag, plastic insert shoved in. The ones that come with the standard AK.22 that I have seen are plastic, do not resemble any AK mag I could recognize.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Here's the mag pics -=NOTE=- the fresh lookig grind marks are there so that the mag would fit in the mag well.

[/img]

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Mbsk01 said:
Lookin' good! Please explain that front sight and 74 style break. It's great that these are actuallybuilt on real AK receivers, you can swap the furniture and dress 'em up any way you'd like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts