AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very nice! I will be there someday... :smile: cool tactical handguards on the 105. Do you not have the pg reinforcement plate on the 74m? Also, did you have the saiga receivers welded over or use a different platform?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are both based off of the Legion labeled SGL31-94's with 09 dated trunions w/ all markings still intact.

I havent had the chance yet to add the pistolgrip plate to the AK74M yet.. Some day. Things that have been added to that is the correct Russian long collar hammer forged flash hider and the Izhmash "modern" fat grip.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
how do you like the Splav sling? whats the advantage over regular sling? how practical is it?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
voron said:
how do you like the Splav sling? whats the advantage over regular sling? how practical is it?

splav sling is silent. thats the only real advantage. Has an elastic silencer over the front clip and uses a velco strap to secure the rear. Really nothing that standard Russian "blue tape" couldnt also do..

I got it for the same price as a standard Russian black tabbed sling so I said, "what the heck".

It does interfere with closing the stock (which I rarely do anyway) - just makes it a squeeze to close. Have to give the stock a little squueze against the receiver to release it too.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the railed Izhmash lower HG, I was trying to keep it "all russian" and had on planned on using a modern Russian light & laser combo like this from zenitco

But, the thing runs close to $500 plus finding someone to buy it for me and ship it... making it obsurdly expensive. Not to mention, by western standards, it's a pretty outdated light/laser combo.

·
Registered
913 Posts
What is the lower hand gard? I'm having my 105 built right now and I'm interested in what you have there. Also on a side note where did you scrounge up the muzzle break? Can't find one anywhere!!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The handguard used to be an "uber rare" item. But, like all things they are now more available stateside, http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p ... led-hg.htm

Listed as an "AK9" hand guard likely means the heatshield is not installed in these (easy to do though)

I found mine originaly off a gunbroker seller that usually has hard to find Russian items. It wasnt listed on his items, so I asked if he could source one. He actually had one in his personal collection that I bought off him about a year ago. Paid more than $75 at the time.

The AK105 flash hider came with the FSB also awhile ago. Now it seems to be only available in the WTS/WTB sections of the msg boards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts