AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 105 clone conversion done by Piece of History on a Saiga SGL31-68. Before I give any details about the parts used on this project. I would like to thank POGI for graciously selling me the proper 105 booster and also a mil. stock and trunnion. The Barrel is a Bulgarian 12.5, Front sight gas block, booster, handguards, retainer, rear sight block, and stock are Russian. Rivets that were replaced are Bulgarian so is the bullet guide.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That is absolutely beautiful. I am doing the same project soon, I may scrap my idea of using the 2013 FIME SGL31 and go with my 09 SGL, even though I was turning that into a 74M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mikec23

·
Banned
156 Posts
Congratulations that looks killer. Love the attention to detail! The punch dimples on the FSB look great.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
This build is exactly what I have wanted, and there isn't a detail that was missed. The model engraving on the side, double hump, barrel profile all set it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Looks very nice, I am sure you are very proud of this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I appreciate the nice comments from all of you and all the detailed information you guys share is always tremendous help in getting the details correct. The only thing that drives me crazy about this thing is I have not shot it:(

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Mario uses a rotary engraver right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got ask, is the RSB dimpled too? Beautiful gun.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Did he refinish that whole rifle?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think on these newer clones refinishing is the only way to go since there is so much fabrication to the receiver, welding, milling, cutting.

I still want to know how Ted and Mario put the second hump in, with heat or without heat.

There was a guy that posted his 105 and 104 recently and it was just as nice. If you look at the sides of the receiver how it has that freshly milled look, real flat with a little texture left it is identical to the recent real deal pictures Karden has been posting.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Early morning phap phap phap ....

Grandpa pogi polished off ms. pogi's bag of gummy bears (partial payment for the booster) when he was in town last week. She's still working on the M&M's though.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
stunning equiptment! try the original Russian paint a guy is selling on ak files. I have his info if you need it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts