AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is strange -

That's not apparently an AK-103. I was under the impression that all A-103's having a folding rear stock. That stock/trunnion is fixed.

It does appear to be 7.62 caliber though (judging from the mag), so it definitely is not simply a late model AK-74M.

So is Izhmash making fixed-stock AK-103's for export? I guess they are.

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
Yep.

All you are left with is a $500-600 stock set, top cover, barrel parts (which might not even be usable), recoil spring, and trigger guard.

thirtycal said:
Something is strange -

That's not apparently an AK-103. I was under the impression that all A-103's having a folding rear stock. That stock/trunnion is fixed.

It does appear to be 7.62 caliber though (judging from the mag), so it definitely is not simply a late model AK-74M.

So is Izhmash making fixed-stock AK-103's for export? I guess they are.

-Thirtycal
Izhmash will make whatever you want for export, just not everything is on the regular catalog.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stottman said:
Yep.

All you are left with is a $500-600 stock set ...
What? I bought a complete new folding black poly stockset with correct Izhmash stamps and silver export marks (including rear trunnion and rivets) for just over $300 from Tantal not too long ago. Is there something unique about that 3 peice fixed set?

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
They dont even pin the barrel anymore? Damn...

Did this one come with a live (gas port drillled) gas block, or was it a dummy?

Does the muzzle brake have a baffle?

The magazine, I am pretty sure now that the Russian export rifles come with the smooth sided black plastic mags like Rusmilitary sells..I had figured that they were a Saiga only item, but started to see pics of Military rifles with them...

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Fab said:
as far i know Russian ak100 serie don't have any pin on their barrels...
Bulgarian ak barrel are pinned, and Russian ak100 barrels are crimped.
They are talking barrel pin. The one that keeps the barrel from shooting out of the trunnion. Not the pins on the GB and FSB.

·
Registered
446 Posts
what sadistic shit demiled that barrel. :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts