AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a bandolier or chest rig for the AK, that is reasonably priced (up to $100)? I don't need the usual go fast, firefight ready gear. Something to haul spare mags around in, possibly 3 gun capable. Some of the dedicated AR rigs look as if they may work, but may be a bit small/ short. Any recommendations?

Moderator** If this is posted in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it to the proper area. I thought it may get more traffic in the GD forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen these before. I am looking for something a bit more "modern". I have seen some from Diamondback Tactical, but it seems overkill for what I need (too many extra pockets). Spec Ops Brand has one that may workout, but i would like some feedback on what most people use personally. Looking for 3-8 AK magazines, maybe extra pouches for 2-4 pistol magazines, and really no more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
A source that might be handy for you, would be www.redsoldier.com , they sell various (original) Russian rigs.
The tarzan series are quite good and I have also read good things about the M23 pioneer chest rig. :smile:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I own a M23 Pioneer. Holds 8 30rnd mags or 4 40rnd mags. Here's a picture, sorry for the poor quality. Color is kind of distorted, too. My camera sucks!

-GreatWarAZ

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now thats is what I was looking for. Anyone dealt with redsoldier.com? How are they, customer service wise? Shipping, etc?

Thanks.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I got my M23 off e-gay for $50.00 shipped from an individual about a yr. ago. A great rig but too many frag pouches.

Bill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I took a chance and ordered one of SpecOps Brand AK-16 chest rigs. Advertised as holding up to 8 AK style mags with a radio pouch on the right side. Not to my liking. I could only fit one magazine in each pouch without forcing them and the buckle/ strap arrangement was a bit too cumbersome with a full load out, the top of the rig bouces away from your body quite a bit just running in place. So, I returned it for a refund. :sad:

Now, on to the rig that I have recently picked up. I ran across the Specter Gear web site and saw their version of the "chest rig". Only holds three AK-47 mags but, the great thing is it is truly a universal rig, the pouch lids are velcroed in place inside the pouches for vertical adjustment to fit what ever platform you are shooting. I've read that AR guys can fit up to two mags per pouch. The sides of the rig are set up for PALS/ MOLLE attachments and the shoulder/ sternum straps seem to keep the load in place nicely. A very well constructed piece of equipment. Yeah, I know it only holds 3 extra mags, but for 3 gun matches or SHTF situations, it holds plenty for the AK, and will eventually hold enough for the .45.

****. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
336 Posts
FYI I have picked up various Polish gear pieces from Kenelm52 and it (and he) are top quality.

Polish gear is built as well or better than USGI and beats surpasses the Russian I've seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts