AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent my bulgy krink kit to the builder. This will be my 2nd AK and 1st build overall. Should I just use the orig trigger that is w/the kit or go with one of the G-2 triggers from tapco??

I have heard the term "trigger slap" but am not really sure what it is and does it happen w/every AK or just certain ones???

scottMO

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
scottMO said:
I just sent my bulgy krink kit to the builder. This will be my 2nd AK and 1st build overall. Should I just use the orig trigger that is w/the kit or go with one of the G-2 triggers from tapco??

I have heard the term "trigger slap" but am not really sure what it is and does it happen w/every AK or just certain ones???

scottMO
grp said:
Ancient History.

Here's a great definition and fix by Linx310 (but even this is old by internet standards)
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm

I think you will be very happy with you new AK :dance:
You won't have any trigger slap if you use the Tapco G2. I also don't think you'll be 922r compliant w/o using a US made FCG. Don't even worry about that URL (although there are other cool 'helpmes' there.

The term "trigger slap" was brought to life by some crappy US made FCGs made by Century Arms. They stopped using them more than 2 years ago (although you can still buy them as individual components).

·
Registered
375 Posts
If your krink is being built as a SBR, you dont have to worry about compliance parts counts. Use any semi auto FCG that you wish.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There are still plenty of NOS trigger slapping Century FCGs out there. I got some at the last DMH gunshow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts