AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a so called sniper barrel from Centerfiresystems.com past February. The problem is finding the proper components, gas block, rear sight, handguard ring in the right diameter to fit the barrel. If you guys could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I believe I.O. (Inter Ordnance) made a rifle using these barrels M214S.

Please see the specifications below!

Specifications
  • 7.62x39
  • Fluted
  • 21-3/8" long
  • Threaded for muzzle brake; 14x1 left-hand thread
  • .9065 diameter at the trunnion
  • New, never drilled for barrel pin
  • Uses AKM length handguards
  • .749" barrel diameter at handguard retainer
  • The retainer lever slot is milled
  • .135" gas port
  • .680" barrel diameter at the gas port
  • 4 flutes in front of gas block 8" long
  • Black Phosphate finish
  • Note: Originally made for combo front sight/gas block like Romanian.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I laughed also at the name. I guess just because its longer than 16" they named it a sniper barrel lol. Not sure if its RPK. Just different barrel diameter for gas block, handguard ring, rear sight, ect.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
try k-var. they have rpk parts and they list dimensions on many of them.
other than k-var i'm afraid you will not find many options. RPK parts are few and far in between. not nearly as many RPKs were made as standard Aks. we recently had an influx of some romy and some yugo RPKs so apex or numrich might have some leftover parts but i would not hold my breath. other than that you best bet is ak classifieds here on on the akfiles. with some patience you will eventually come across few.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try k-var. they have rpk parts and they list dimensions on many of them.
other than k-var i'm afraid you will not find many options. RPK parts are few and far in between. not nearly as many RPKs were made as standard Aks. we recently had an influx of some romy and some yugo RPKs so apex or numrich might have some leftover parts but i would not hold my breath. other than that you best bet is ak classifieds here on on the akfiles. with some patience you will eventually come across few.
Are you guys sure its a RPK Barrel?I'd hate to get the wrong diameter. So far K-Var has some stuff but no dimensions listed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been there and done that as well. Forbus has a great site. I've spent hours upon hours scouring the net. I figured a M70 but its too small, a RPK is too big. I wish I never bought the darn thing! Though Mak90 maybe but the search to complete this mystery Frankenstein barrel continues.

·
Registered
240 Posts
AK-47 M-214S Sniper Rifle, Semi-Auto , U.S. Made 7.62x39 Caliber Black Poly Stock W / 2-30 Rd Mags. Also includes Scope, Side Rail, Tactical Scope Rail, Match Grade Barrel and Phantom Muzzle Brake - No Cleaning Rod or Bayonet Lug.
Each rifle incorporates an integrated side rail for optional scope mount, and a full quad rail forearm. Nitride coated barrel for accuracy and extended barrel life. Tons of features, see extended description and specifications for full details.
KEY SPECS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I was wondering if you knew which type of gas block was used as far as sizing, like yugo, Mak90, ect. I'm having difficulty locating a 17mm/0.680" diameter gas block. Or any of the other components for that matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts