AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking over dealers SOG add, and it had a AK RPK, guess my question is are they any better than a standard AK. To me better would mean is it more accurate? higher velocity? any real improvement for the extra weigth etc?

Thanks,

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking about........it's not a "real" RPK, but a SAIGA built to look like an RPK.

RPK's are just longer, heavier AK's that were designed to be better for sustained full auto fire and act as squad automatics.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just noticed they had them. They look nice from what I see. They are probably a little more accurate but I am not sure how much more. It would be worth a shot if you allready hae a regular AKM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you guys talking about the AES-10?

Does anyone know definitivly what these are? Some are saying Saiga's, others are saying WASR w/ a long barrel.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B-29Gunner said:
Are you guys talking about the AES-10?

Does anyone know definitivly what these are? Some are saying Saiga's, others are saying WASR w/ a long barrel.....
The bottom picture looks like the one that SOG has on their web site. Was just curious if anyone had any experience with one. Does a longer barrel help the 7.62X39? Is the bi-pod on the barrel going to cause more problems with accuracy than it helps?

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
You might get a smidgin' more accuracy out of it, but don't expect a precision rifle.

RPK's are very cool, but I personally prefer a regular sized rifle.

Now, if the RPK has a go-fast position.........that's another story!
:razz:

·
Registered
52 Posts
cruzie27 said:
how much are they asking for those? Arsenal is supposed to come out with a milled version,......and im slowly but surely filling my piggy banks to get one
Cheapest I've seen thus far is $485 from CFS, and that is the "special" ARFCOM price.

Speaking of which, what's going to be the nickname of this place? "AKFO" -- pernounced "ack-foe"??? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
They still look good even if they arent perfect.

Heres is my MAADI / RPK clone

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
824 Posts
You're right, they sure do look good! Gah, so many projects, so little time... :grin:

-GreatWarAZ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone know definitivly what these are? Some are saying Saiga's, others are saying WASR w/ a long barrel.....[/quote]

how much are they asking for those? Arsenal is supposed to come out with a milled version,......and im slowly but surely filling my piggy banks to get one[/quote]

here is the quote from Southern Ohio Gun So far haven't heard from anyone who has actually spent $$ on one to see if they liked it or not.
AK RPK Model $495.00

View

New condition rifles with bipod, pistol grip, flash suppressor, and 2-30Rd. magazines. Pictured with 75Rd. AK drum. Drum NOT included with rifle.

RETAIL: $795.00
#AK-RPK
NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA

http://southernohiogun.com/

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
B-29Gunner said:
cruzie27 said:
how much are they asking for those? Arsenal is supposed to come out with a milled version,......and im slowly but surely filling my piggy banks to get one
Cheapest I've seen thus far is $485 from CFS, and that is the "special" ARFCOM price.
that for just for a kit?,or a complete rifle?..shit,.. if its complete,. once i sell my Garand ill buy one and give it a good shake down.

but one of you dealer types would have to get/ order it for me,.....i have no FFL :sad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts