AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is up with getting receivers? I have had 5 on order from Ewbanks since 12/12/05 and they MAY have some this week? They say they "just can't get enough from the mfg"
Global Trades say 45 to 60 days!! :mad: What the hell is going on???

·
Registered
181 Posts
You better talk to some of the kit and receiver whores here about how they hoard all the good stuff.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Not for sure, but it may be the steel shortage. Right now steel is in short supply and what is available is HIGH priced right now.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
i have a global trades in 7.62 and 5.45,...both 1.0mm type II's,..rails and center support installed,..heat treated and parked,.no trigger guards though and no custom #

i have them for a AK-104 & AKS-74U Krinkov kits,...but im thinking i want to have the matching #,...i ordered these back in august before i had the 104 & Krink kit,...so the nubers do not match my kits,...

if you have to have them like ASAP we can work something out,.. otherwise you can always just wait on global

BTW,....do you even need a reciver now or are you just blowing off steam?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just finished a Bulgy side folder and discovered that I cut the back of the receiver wrong and thwe folder will not fold to the right place. Basically I will have to scrap the receiver. Just pissed me off because it was an unissued kit and I had it done perfect....I thought!! :mad:

I think I have 2 coming in 762 but I was wanting a 545 stamped one.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
cruzie27 said:
i have a global trades in 7.62 and 5.45,...both 1.0mm type II's,..rails and center support installed,..heat treated and parked,.no trigger guards though and no custom #
it is a stamped reciver in 5.45x39,...the type II is what global calls there reciver,...very easily mistaken for a milled kit.

i built a side folding bulgy AK-74 from K-VAR,...i got really lucky with the rear trunnion and how it lined up,.....

however i did cut the hold for the butt stock hook to big,..and some times it keeps the stock from latching becuase the hook is to far forward,....

not a big problem,..as all i have to do is tilt the barrel up a bit and everything is fine.

but this was the first rifle i have ever built fron a kit,....looking back i can see alot of my flaws,...but i didnet do bad for a first timer,..i havent fixed it because i use it to reminde my self to take mu time.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cruzie27 said:

i have them for a AK-104 & AKS-74U Krinkov kits,...but im thinking i want to have the matching #,...i ordered these back in august before i had the 104 & Krink kit,...so the nubers do not match my kits,...

if you have to have them like ASAP we can work something out,.. otherwise you can always just wait on global

BTW,....do you even need a reciver now or are you just blowing off steam?
What do you want for the 5.45 one?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it is one of those supply/demand situations. The demand is far more than the supply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts