AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, no I'm not talking about the S.E.R., it's the current going price in wonderful old Iraq. It seems the current spike in tension is the cause for the inflated prices:

"After the Samarra bombings, the demand for guns went way up, and the supply became very low," says a gun dealer in Baya, speaking anonymously out of fear for his safety.

Weapons prices have skyrocketed. A used Kalashnikov that sold for $100 before the Samarra bombing now sells for $150. The price for a 9mm Browning handgun has gone up from $800 to $1,200."

Here's the link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... HOD1T1.DTL

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Maybe this is a sign they are moving toward a "Market Economy" ? :grin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
They are stillpaying less for a full auto gun then we are paying for a kit! And they are complaining about it!
That might be bacause they have to work for 3 months to afford one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Can I gat a full auto AK for 3 months salarie???? Hells no, If there were any F/A AKs to be had, could I get one for 8,000? Maybe I neet to take a flight to Kuwait, smuggle my way up into Iraq, hit an arms market, and send myself a F/A Ak back......Wait no, thats not a good idea is it? Wtt: Wolf 7.62x39 100 round case for used FA AK47.....

What are they paying for ammo over there if the guns are so cheap? I wonder if it would be illegal to import ammo from over there.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Iraqi constitution allows each Iraqi citizen to own one AK and one magazine,I'm not sure about how much ammo one can legally have.
Personally,I like our system better :wink:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
JOHNO said:
Iraqi constitution allows each Iraqi citizen to own one AK and one magazine,I'm not sure about how much ammo one can legally have.
Personally,I like our system better :wink:
i was talking to our translator one day when i was over,.. he was glad to be allowed to have a AK,.. but he said having a AK with just one mag is like haveing a hot rod with very little gas in it.

but 150 is alot when you figure the avrege Iraqi man can feed his family for a week on just 5-6 bucks

but the prices vary,.. like when i was tryin to get a good AK for our translator,.. the guy wanted 250 because i ( supposably a rich American) was asking for it,...i told our translator that was too much and we would have to get it some other time,..so he went over and told them it was for him and got it for 100,no haggleing or nothing,.....need less to say when ever we wanted to buy something off the locals we had our translator get it for us.

like this big ass hookah,...100 bucks on post,.. i payed 20,..12 for the hookah and the translator kept the change,...a guard at a college got this as a going away present,...because up until we had the customs brief to go home i was told i could not take it home,....fuckers where wrong about that :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts