AK Rifles banner

1681 - 1698 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Krink's in 5.45 & .223 and NDM86's in .308 & 54R Tiger & PSL

I few Norinco's.

Franken AK

Damn! I.am.jelous!. Wants a Tiger 7.62x64r when I thought they were expensive @$2K. Now...... I'll never be able to afford any. Fkin Awesome collection and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ar762russian: Privyet ! (hi). Rob Ski would be very proud (AKOU). Have you tried a few hundred rounds through yours?

Very cool-looking gun and furniture. Too bad that it took us years for the SKS bug to finally morph into the AK bug (and my resistance is still just as weak).

Glad it happened to so many others. I learned some basics about manually sanding, then staining wood via Youtube. However, the resulting colors might not be totally predictable-- only because I'm unfamiliar with the types of wood which were bought/installed in the Maadi (it had plastic) and stamped MAK 90.
But mostly using only Minwax Red Mahogany (oil-based), then Minwax Fast-Drying poly-- it always has whichever tone of appealing brown with slight reddish tints.

Slings: the leather Hungarian Grade B which I bought from Whatacountry (maybe $10 plus shipping) not only fits perfectly into an AKM, but also through the
* Narrower rear loop of my Czechpoint VZ-58 (it fits easily).
Much more character than with most cloth slings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ar762russian: Privyet ! (hi). Rob Ski would be very proud (AKOU). Have you tried a few hundred rounds through yours?

Very cool-looking gun and furniture. Too bad that it took us years for the SKS bug to finally morph into the AK bug (and my resistance is still just as weak).

Glad it happened to so many others. I learned some basics about manually sanding, then staining wood via Youtube. However, the resulting colors might not be totally predictable-- only because I'm unfamiliar with the types of wood which were bought/installed in the Maadi (it had plastic) and stamped MAK 90.
But mostly using only Minwax Red Mahogany (oil-based), then Minwax Fast-Drying poly-- it always has whichever tone of appealing brown with slight reddish tints.

Slings: the leather Hungarian Grade B which I bought from Whatacountry (maybe $10 plus shipping) not only fits perfectly into an AKM, but also through the * Narrower rear loop of my Czechpoint VZ-58.
Much more character than with most cloth slings (except maybe Egyptian greenish-blue). "How to age leather fast and easy", on Youtube. Very simple - no chemicals, just thin candle wax smeared on, then friction hea with felt or a cloth..
I'm still itching to go shoot it for the first time, I haven't been able to pick up any ammo locally. I have reloading supplies from my other adventures with my sks rifles though.
The mixed furniture and over all look is one of the things that got my attention, I've watched this rifle swap hands a few times on the other forum that I frequent and never could aquire it until this past weekend. I was able to work out a trade with the last owner. I was actually able to find the original builder and the list of parts that he used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you lived near Memphis, you could be my guest at the private club MSSA here in Lakeland, and I would let you use some of my stored ammo -- for free.

Just told the next door neighbor, former F-18 Navy pilot (was at NAS Fallon, NAS Oceana- still active duty) he can do the same thing as a guest. He has only a handgun and shotgun! For a guy who used a 20 mm cannon at least a few times...but has two little kids.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you lived near Memphis, you could be my guest at the private club MSSA here in Lakeland, and I would let you use some of my stored ammo -- for free.

Just told the next door neighbor, former F-18 Navy pilot (was at NAS Fallon, NAS Oceana- still active duty) he can do the same thing as a guest. He has only a handgun and shotgun! For a guy who used a 20 mm cannon at least a few times...but has two little kids.
I live a few hours south of you, I definitely appreciate the offer.

1681 - 1698 of 1698 Posts