AK Rifles banner
1,641 - 1,660 of 1,866 Posts
Winner! Some might say a waste of resources, but when I got it, it had a pretty beat up unknown buttstock and Romy PG. Splurged a bit on the furniture set, but the GB and FSB were like $25 total, and I have a few slant brakes in the small parts cabinet.
Does it shoot any softer or harder than the regular version. I have a regular SA85M and love it.

Family Picture Day

Finally took most of the family out for some pics tonight! This was everything I had easy access to in the safe. I think all that is missing for AKs in these pics are my 2 Maadis from the TRA group buy a while back and my Polish PMKMS built by TRA on a 74U LLC receiver.

I had these finished a while back. The original plan was to build most of them myself but life was getting in the way after I purchased all the build tools a while back. Graduated college and started my career and figured for sanity's sake I would have them built. All of the builders did a fantastic job and are credited below. I am mostly out of AKs and C&Rs now (not sold off-just different interests atm) and have been working on restoring my old pickup instead recently. Getting pretty close to its maiden voyage.

Anyways, without further ado!

Iron Arsenal Antique tool Shotgun Metal

Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Trigger

Antique tool Arsenal Galician gaita

From left to right:
1. Romanian RPK built on a Nodak receiver with Romanian selector markings. Original, shot out barrel.
Handgun holster Shotgun Airsoft gun Gun accessory

2. Russian RPK built on a Nodak receiver by TRA. Molot selector markings. The receiver parts, bipod and furniture, except the rear trunnion, are all Russian from ex-East German scrap piles so this one has an East German heritage. The rear trunnion markings were recreated from a demilled trunnion I had.

3. 1958 (iirc) Russian Type III built from an assortment of parts. Rewelded by Turbothis and reblued by BR7.62. Stub was from East German scrap. Barrel is PLO.
4. 1986 Russian AKS-74U built by In Range. Bluejack barrel. Would like to have refinished with Techno paint eventually and also plan to SBR it.
5. East German Mpi-kms built to show some typical aging from East German scrap. Pretty much all East German except PLO barrel. Reweld and bluing by BR7.62.
6. East German Mpi-kms built to show some typical aging from East German scrap. Pretty much all East German except PLO barrel. Reweld by Turbothis. Bluing by Gundoc.
7. East German Mpi-k built to show some typical aging from East German scrap. Pretty much all East German except PLO barrel. Reweld by Turbothis. Bluing by local gunsmith...not super happy with the bluing but is what it is.
8. 1969 dated Mpi-km from a Balkan kit (except trunnion is from East German scrap). PLO East German barrel. 74U LLC receiver built by Dave @ 74U. Blued by BR7.62
9. 1967 dated Mpi-km from Balkan kit. 74U LLC receiver built by TRA. Green Mountain barrel.
10. 1976 dated Mpi-kms72 built from all East German parts using mostly East German scrap and NOS. Romanian barrel reprofiled to East German specs. 74U LLC receiver built and blued by BR7.62

Antique tool Arsenal

1. Bulgarian parts kit with East German Mpi-k stub. PLO barrel and duracoated to be my bug out/deer hunting AK. Love the plastic furniture too haha. Reweld by Turbothis and duracoat by TRA.
2. Hungarian AMMS buold from a Balkan kit. 74U LLC receiver built by TRA w/ BFPU finish.
3. Yugo M64 kit. Reweld by Turbothis and cold-blued by me about 11 years back.

4. Chinese Type 56 Stamped build on 74U LLC receiver. Export version. PLO heritage. Built and blued by BR7.62.

5. Albanian Stamped AK. Built on 74U LLC receiver by BR7.62. Mak90 barrel reprofiled to Albanian specs. Authentic Weaponsmark selector markings. Imported this kit from Germany a while back after demilling. Was a huge pain to get in but really paid off!
6. Because it fits here....my Albanian SKS. 1968 dated. Not sure of its backstory but purchased off Gunboards. Import marked.

Awesome Family!!! I'm a sucker for the RPKs and the German ones. Super nice!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

All the Best,

Wamba
Thanks guys! I am very fortunate to have a nice collection that I can enjoy and I have certainly learned a lot of history on various countries and conflicts throughout this collecting quest. It took a while to write that post-I wish I could upload more than 5 pics at a time! You will have to all just click on the links for the other pics!

I didn't put the 1pn34 (I think that is what it is called?) Night vision scope on the RPK, but I have one of those as well that I plan to try out for coyote hunting some day.

I am moving my stuff from safes to a vault I am building this summer. When I have everything out for that, more pics will happen.

From Poland with love
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Assault rifle

From Romania with Love
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

From Hungary with love
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Airsoft

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

1,641 - 1,660 of 1,866 Posts