Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interest in AKs has fragmented into several related areas,mostly Com Bloc equipment and ordnance.The Challenge,put together a pic using one or more of YOUR AKs and at least two related pieces situated in a scenario.The Object,stir our imaginations with your pic.You can keep it simple or you can go all out!

The Rules-

1.Depict at least 1 AK and no less than 2 pieces of related gear.The AK must be your AK.
2.No BOTD type pics in this Challenge.
3.You can submit 2 pics,you have the option of changing your entries up to the deadline.

Time Frame-

Time starts now and runs until 6:00pm EST on Feb 25.

The Site Staff will pick the top 10,the members will then vote for their favorites of the top 10.

Voting will run from 6:00 pm EST on Feb 26 until 9:00 pm EST on March 2.

The Prizes-

1st place-Kalashnikov Bayonets
-The collector's guide to Bayonets for the AK and it's Variations.
By Martin D. Ivie-donated by Templar and JOHNO

2nd place-Shilin and Cutshaw's book "Legends and Reailty of the AK-donated by CornFedHusker.

3rd place-1 used plumb AK74 30 round mag [providing the 3rd place winner lives in an area that permits high cap mags].-donated by Fireman

The Staff is in-eligable but here is an example,

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Temporary placeholders... that will probably be the best I can do before the deadline.

This is the uniform of a airborne qualified NCO from the combat engineers, army of Kazakstan, from 2005. This particular soldier
would be in the Kazakstan battalion, which is the best funded and trained unit in the Kazak army. The Kazbat is the unit the
government sends abroad, to places such as Iraq, when duty calls.

Tha Kazak Army is in a transition period as we speak... they are beginning to change their uniform to reflect their independant
identity, but many aspects of the uniform are still very soviet. On this uniform you can see both the old soviet airborne
insignia, on the beret, and the new Kazak insignia, on the airborne wings worn on the chest. The Kazak wings have the bird
from the Kazak flag added to the jump wings (I don't know the history/type of the bird).

Edited to add:

Deleted the crappiest pic. Probably won't have time to take more before the deadline.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
You've seen it before but I can't help throw it out there again.

Afghanistan circa 1983, AKS-74 with 1983 OTK dated sling laying on a 1982 OTK dated KZS smock. Belt loaded with Afghan era mag pouch and grenade pouch plus bayonet. F-1 grenades at the ready as well as a source for shade, the 1983 OTK dated Afghanka cap.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Here we go again gang! I hope I do better this time. Different gun, different camo..............

Here's a Maadi AKM (MISR) laying on top of some real United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) Camo. They've been in the news lately because of that stupid Port Security contract so I figured, why not? :cool:

Here's a 1980 dated Izhevsk clone with an early zig-zag cut brake, straight edged, smooth buttplated Izhevsk triangle folder, bakelite Izh magazine laying on top of some OMON ALPHA Unit (Antiterror) Schofield camo with a late 70's dated sling, 80's dated mag pouch, etc. Enjoy my babies! :wink:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dang, I better save a spot, the're going fast :eek:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Rob,

This stuff just doesn't look as cool all folded up and put away in a footlocker, locker or rack. :cool:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
OK.....yall gonna make me whip this thing out again!! :mrgreen:

There!!!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We've got some great entries so far,keep em comming! :grin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status