AK Rifles banner

AK optics

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Baratheon 
#1 ·
Anyone got good recommendations for good 1 to 6 or 1 to 8 scopes for aks?

#4 · (Edited)
Sightmark Citadel

Sig Sauer Tango MSR 1

Athlon Midas BTR

Athlon Argos BTR

As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes
applinked
cinema hd
I have a POSP 1x4, I think, with a 400m range finder, for my AK. It looks pretty bitchin', which was the main reason I bought it. Had it for over a year, and haven't even sighted it in. So I really can't say weather or not the scope holds, but I can say, it feels like the Cold War. So it's worth it to me.

#5 ·
under 600, i suppose they are all the ssame, aks are hard on scopes..........learned from experience...........then I got an ACOG, and never looked back, save your money and get an ACOG, you will not regret it

#6 · (Edited)
There is no need for a proper scope on an AK because it is not accurate enough.
However, a red dot works very well.
When it comes to scopes, you should look for something in the 4x range.
For 1-6x scope I just see a good options from this blog : https://accurateordnance.com/best-1-6x-scope/
As the 7.62x39 cartridge has the same ballistic properties as the 30-30, it is suitable for deer and similar-sized game to a range of approximately 150 yards.

#7 · (Edited)
Before choosing a sight, you must understand how to install it on your AK model. I advise you to use the dovetail side mount, traditional for the AKMN and AK-74N. It is a good mount but has several disadvantages, such as changing the weapon's balance, difficulty removing the receiver cover, and a limited ""assortment"" of sights with such an amount. If you need a large selection of sights, I advise you to contact the store https://walkeroutdoors.net/. I constantly buy weapons there or some accessories for it.

#8 ·
I have an Aimpoint on my Galil, they make good mounts for AK. I have the Midwest Industries Aimpoint forearm combo on a Romanian AK. I have also used POSP scopes on them before. I use a Nikon 6469 on my PSL.

I like the Aimpoint micro on the Midwest rail forearm. I also like the Aimpoints so take it for what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.