AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a WASR-10, i have a few questions.

1.This is the bolt out of my WASR-10, I’m told its single stack?

2.Are the last 2 digits of my serial the year my WASR-10 was made?

3. I thought all of the newer WASR-10s came with a double stack bolt?

4. Does it make that big of a difference if you have a double over a single stack bolt?

5. Best place to have custom work done to your AK47/74?

Thanks in advance!

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
I recently purchased a WASR-10, i have a few questions.

1.This is the bolt out of my WASR-10, I’m told its single stack? YES

2.Are the last 2 digits of my serial the year my WASR-10 was made?

3. I thought all of the newer WASR-10s came with a double stack bolt? don't think so

4. Does it make that big of a difference if you have a double over a single stack bolt? NO

5. Best place to have custom work done to your AK47/74? depends on what you want done

Thanks in advance!
^^^^^^^

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
That is not custom work. If necessary there may be local persons to help etc. Until you shoot & zero etc., it is a non issue.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is not custom work. If necessary there may be local persons to help etc. Until you shoot & zero etc., it is a non issue.

Local people to me to do that type of work on an AK, not so sure there is. Whats the best way to check for alignment of the front sight post & gas block?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Welcome to the addictive world of the AK!

If your rifle looks straight to you, it most likely is. The sight being off is mostly a looks thing as it should still shoot to point of aim. The gas block being off is only bad if it causes the gas piston to strike it during shooting. It would be very obvious if they were crooked enough to cause problems.

As for the date, the early WASRs would have the date after the serial number as in XXXXX-99 or XXXXX-2002. Some of the newer ones were made with older but unused military parts so the date might be the part date and not the actual build date.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the addictive world of the AK!

If your rifle looks straight to you, it most likely is. The sight being off is mostly a looks thing as it should still shoot to point of aim. The gas block being off is only bad if it causes the gas piston to strike it during shooting. It would be very obvious if they were crooked enough to cause problems.

As for the date, the early WASRs would have the date after the serial number as in XXXXX-99 or XXXXX-2002. Some of the newer ones were made with older but unused military parts so the date might be the part date and not the actual build date.

Mine is a 2014 model then, guess i'll find out when i put 2-300 rounds down range this coming Monday at the range. :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have another question, instead of gonig with the wood set, im seriously thinknig of going with this rail here Midwest Industries: AK-SSK KeyMod Universal Handguard

I would also like a combloc stock that i can fit one of those cleaning kits into the butt of, preferably black/plum even. Can someone link me to a good sight to buy something like this from? Thanks in advance.

Also anyone know where i can pick me up this muzzle device? http://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Zenit-DTK-2-Muzzle-Brake-Zenit-Muzzle-Brake.htm

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have another question, instead of gonig with the wood set, im seriously thinknig of going with this rail here Midwest Industries: AK-SSK KeyMod Universal Handguard

I would also like a combloc stock that i can fit one of those cleaning kits into the butt of, preferably black/plum even. Can someone link me to a good sight to buy something like this from? Thanks in advance.

Also anyone know where i can pick me up this muzzle device? Zenit DTK-2 Muzzle Brake

Anyone? :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I suggest shooting the rifle in bone stock trim and seeing if you like it. If you do then make upgrades where needed. Many people upgrade to optics/sights first.

Is there some reason on why you want a railed handguard?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Many of us here are crazy purists, in that if Mr Kalashnikov didn't approve it for his rifle, it doesn't belong. ;)

That said, it is your rifle and your right to enjoy it. The WASR is a semi-standard European style AKM receiver. Semi-standard because it does not have the dimples on either side of the receiver above the mag. Standard in that any furniture designed for a European AKM will fit.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the same rifle. The bolt isn't as wide as some double stack bolts. But it hasn't affected feeding on my rifle.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts