AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to buy a reasonably priced ak mag mandrel? I saw one on a web search I did a while back, but it was over $1,000. It would be nice if someone had a machine shop and could make a small run of them and see if there is any interest. I know I would buy one if they were reasonably priced.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't need one. Was fixing some dents on a couple of my Apex mags the other day, and thought it would be nice to have one. I was using a 5/8" deep socket and an extension. I might try and make one, I've got a welder, torch and some plate steel lying around.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
What are the E German kits going for these days?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't need one. Was fixing some dents on a couple of my Apex mags the other day, and thought it would be nice to have one. I was using a 5/8" deep socket and an extension. I might try and make one, I've got a welder, torch and some plate steel lying around.
Since I lack that kind of equipment, any chance you might decide to make a few and sell some of them? I'd love to have one of my own.

-otus

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You wouldn't want what I'm building it will be rough and crude, because it will be homemade. I'll have more time in than it's worth.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
The tool chests haven't been around for years, guys.

What? You think $1000 for a U.S. Copy of a .25 cent East German mag mandrel is too much? :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts