AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 39 saiga conversion that runs good but it's got one small issue. The front pin hole got slightly buggered from drilling. Now the standard 3mm pin won't press in by hand or by hammer which tells me that the hole is still viable.

What solutions do I have?
Hand Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle part Line Material property Trigger Gas

Glasses Eyewear Trigger Everyday carry Bicycle part

Bicycle part Trigger Wood Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
measure the pin and ream a thousandth under, usually those pins are .118 ~.119 +- and I usually ream at .1175

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is the hole under size ?? The 3 mm pin is .1181 if hole is too big go to a #31 drill that's .1200, a smaller hole try a #32 that's .1160, use the drill as the pin and see what is a good fit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get a 3mm bit, and a 3mm pin. Drill hole and insert pin. Sometimes I have used a drill bit to drill the hole and cut off the shank and used as the pin. Sometimes you have improvise. Good luck to you.
What I meant to say was an over sized drill bit to drill and then pin.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I forgot to say that McMaster-Carr has drill rod in millimeter size if you need to make mm pins..
This. I have an assortment of O1 drill rod that I use for this very purpose. If a hole is too big for a standard pin, I can pick a slightly larger rod and drill with a number size bit to get a perfect fit. It's usually only a matter of enlarging it a few thousandths, so you won't even notice the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts