AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

First time AK builder and just ran into my first issue. I spot welded my rails on using a new 15/64" drill bit as a spacer (1mm thick receiver). I went to slide the bolt in & there isn't enough room for the lug to slide in. I though I might have bent the top of the receiver inward during the build so far, but when I checked the lug thickness it was 17/64". I'm no math magician, but those numbers don't check out. I want to see what the standard bolt lug thickness is before I go nuclear and start filing down stuff. Any help is appreciated.

- Command Takem

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
where is the bolt hanging up? I am not clear from your pics. Is it not dropping into the receiver, or is it hanging up in it's travel path? Did you trim the ejector on the left rail??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where is the bolt hanging up? I am not clear from your pics. Is it not dropping into the receiver, or is it hanging up in it's travel path? Did you trim the ejector on the left rail??
The vertical space between the rail and the receiver is 15/64" but the lug height is 17/64" so it doesn't even start to slide in because the lug is 1/32" taller than the space it has to slide in. Attached are a couple of pictures more pictures that should help.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
The bolt doesn't ride in between the rail and the receiver lip. I rides on top of the rail, IN BETWEEN the receiver lips. The carrier rides that lip on the receiver.

Put the bolt in the carrier and slide it back and forth. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bolt doesn't ride in between the rail and the receiver lip. I rides on top of the rail, IN BETWEEN the receiver lips. The carrier rides that lip on the receiver.

Put the bolt in the carrier and slide it back and forth. It'll be fine.
Thanks! I figured this out the hard way after starting to file the lug down. The receiver got pinched in during the build, which was why it didn't fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts