AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well redneck art anyway. The Ak born from raw steel was what I was going for.

Made this today for a guy on here that has helped me out a lot. Going to cost a ton to ship it back. It will not be turning over when bumped that's for sure.

I didn't want cut the mag, so I hand milled a hole in the base to fit the angle of the mag. Then did 99% of the welding on the bottom side. Flat cleared the whole thing.

Now lets see how quick he can find this post. :twisted: This is what this forum is about guys helping each other out. Not the mighty dollar.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arik said:
Sooooo!?!?! You smashed his car and called it art? :confused:

:flush:

:allright:

Nope that is my gravy for next week. $980.00 dollars in body and frame labor. I get 1/2 & I can fix it in about 8 hours. :wink:

That thing is just a couple of weeks old 2,251 miles. Sucks to be them. We have already put a front bumper on it. She wrecked on the way home from the dealer.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snakebite said:
sweet jesus! is that a solid chunk of steel you welded the mag to?
1/4" steel c channel 10" long. It was a bitch to mill out that hole and slot for the mag rib.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
files, cut off wheel, die grinder (aka Mr. magic aftermarket body panel alignmet tool) and welder.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to get it! Not sure if I will paint the base black, or maybe Manticore blue! :grin:

Make sure to post pics of that M231 build when you get a chance! :wink:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may try to find a slick side upper . Other than that and a stamp sent off as soon as I can pony up the 200 bucks. Im done.

Unless a m231 handguard and gas block come up. For under $750 bucks I got quoted for a set. :confused:

Thank you , very MUCH for the tube. You saved me a lot of time. The whole thing had dupont flat clear on it. You should be able to spary any paint over it. I was going to paint the base red and panel bond some Ak rounds to the base.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
No problem on the tube, and thank you for making the AK stand!

This is the kind of stuff that makes the AK forum so awesome! :beer:

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Hmmmmmm I think I should make a stand out of one of these cheap slabsides AIM is selling!

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
ClayC said:
Hmmmmmm I think I should make a stand out of one of these cheap slabsides AIM is selling!
:chair: :stonehim: :punch:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ClayC said:

just get a bakelite rod and tig you a baklite mag to a stand. :twisted: Or a Aluminum waffle to a old beer keg. Yeah that will work. :grin:

Let us all know where you found some bakelite tig rods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts