AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've got a question about AK-74 vertical wooden foregrips.

I've been thinking I want to put such a thing on a 74, but I don't know if they are around. I would ideally like it to be an original wood grip, not bakelite or modern polymers. I want to retain the AK look as much as possible while adding a little functionality. I know about the Romanian vertical grips, but I think they are only for AK-47s, and they seem terribly awkward, since they're backwards. I'm looking for something like/between a normal vercial grip and one of those angled grips. I found a picture of one I think I would like (below), but I think they are a rare offbreed of those Romanian 47 grips, and thus aren't compatible with a 74(?).

Are there carpenter-types who could make such a thing? Are they available anywhere else? Or am I stuck with bakelite and Magpul grips?

Tangentially, do they have wood pistol grips for 74s?

Thanks,
StonewallSharpeson

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Romanian's made a couple different wooden grips, the one that angles forward and the reverse dong grip you have pictured, which is fairly uncommon generally speaking but recently some Romy UF kits have showed up with them. Most stamped AK handguards work with most stamped AKs. So you can put a 47 handguard on a 74 or vise versa. If you want a wooden one I'd say those are your main choices, ironwood designs makes an interesting thumbhole handguard as well. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts