AK Rifles banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not want to cut the 30 rd magazines as I want some lower capacity magazines for my AK-74. Does anyone sells the magazine that comes with the Saiga? As I was not able to find an shop online.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
hey_hi_its_me_vlad said:
its much cheaper to cut up a $10 ak74 mag than buy a $25 saiga mag...
Is it now? While I'll agree paying $25 for a 5 or 10 round mag seems silly.

However, RUINING a perfectly good 30 forever for the sake of making a low cap mag to hunt with or to use at the range seems utterly idiotic.
It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Besides, that's one less 30rnd. mag for the rest of us.

Let saiga keep thier expensive mags. Keep checking gunbroker, the trader forum here, gun shows, gun shops, pawn shops... etc.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
The expensive Russian 10-rounders *are* a waste of money, but they are pretty dang nice. It's neat to have the modern Izhmash logo on the bottom and they are built to last forever. It's about all I ever use for 74 bench shooting.

KVAR has them now and again, and they sell out quick.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Caligula said:
koldwarkid said:
Besides, that's one less 30rnd. mag for the rest of us.

yeah, you're riight. with 30 round mags so scarce, that will be one less of the millions of mags that are out there now. the horror, the horror :bd:
Well I tell ya friend, you may have a couple million 5.45 mags under your ass over in "Rome" but here in the U.S. they got very scarce very fast.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Yes, single stack mags are narrower--they will wobble and are likely have feed problems in the wider double-stack mag wells. I'm not sure if there are any other differences which would make them incompatible, but I'd stick with doubles.

· Registered
1,782 Posts
ayfkm said:
Wait until they blowout 5.45 spam cans at $107/ea again
waiting for that VERY moment :)

As tough as epoxies and resins are, in order to make a sure seal you'd need to weld/melt the mag plastic together. Weld-on can do that, as a few other brands Ive used in the plastics industry. But if you can find a way to keep the molecular integrity whole, then go for that, in which case, finding a way not to glue anything, is preferred.

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remy1492 said:
ayfkm said:
Wait until they blowout 5.45 spam cans at $107/ea again
waiting for that VERY moment :)

As tough as epoxies and resins are, in order to make a sure seal you'd need to weld/melt the mag plastic together. Weld-on can do that, as a few other brands Ive used in the plastics industry. But if you can find a way to keep the molecular integrity whole, then go for that, in which case, finding a way not to glue anything, is preferred.
I deal with the plastic too, that is why I wanted to buy a low cap magazine and not glue the 30 rds mags.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.