AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Curious if they are matching numbers or if they are new and unused.

SNs seems like it was sent to Iraq.

My sources here in Hungary says it didn't come from them or the Hungarian national guard armory.

Crap...

Do I need a 9th Hungarian AK.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That other Hungarian member who has access to the foreign and export ministry archives, of which I only have the Fég side of things, may have the answer.

From the moldings on the wood, it sure wasn't stored like it was in any Iraqi armory storage facility I ever encountered.

From my records the previous ak63 parts that came in were from Croatia and Slovenia..

Numbers were mismatching and the wood was in used condition.

I'm definitely getting one that's for sure.

These are perfect for KBI KBI sa85m restoration both original and those that used the AMD65 setup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I just got mine and inventoried/took accounts of all the parts. Mine is from Atlantic. ordered it on Thursday and it arrived 15 minutes ago with adult signature required via Fedex.

Atlantic promises major parts matching i.e. front trunnion, bolt and carrier. Mine came all matching: front trunnion, bolt, carrier AND top cover. All other parts are not numbered.

Wood is pretty beat up but no major damage like cracks or splits, plenty of dings and scrapes though. I doubt anyone can refurbish this wood to like-new, but certainly can steam out at least minor dings, sadly there are couple gouges with small chunks missing, so no fixing those (see pics below).

Metal is painted and all receiver internals are in mostly 90-95% condition. External metal parts like barrel components and top cover have noticeable storage wear with some shining spots showing here and there, but most has at over 70% of original finish intact. Top cover seem to be the most worn.

Kit looks unfired. Bolt paint is completely intact - 98%. no primer ring in the bolt-face or scrapes from going over rounds in the mag or hammer. Bolt carrier might have been racked dozen times dry since there is a small amount of scuff wear on top where it interacts with rear sight block tunnel but paint is still intact.

Kit is missing front sight detent spring.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just got mine and inventoried/took accounts of all the parts. Mine is from Atlantic. ordered it on Thursday and it arrived 15 minutes ago with adult signature required via Fedex.

Atlantic promises major parts matching i.e. front trunnion, bolt and carrier. Mine came all matching: front trunnion, bolt, carrier AND top cover. All other parts are not numbered.

Wood is pretty beat up but no major damage like cracks or splits, plenty of dings and scrapes though. I doubt anyone can refurbish this wood to like-new, but certainly can steam out at least minor dings, sadly there are couple gouges with small chunks missing, so no fixing those (see pics below).

Metal is painted and all receiver internals are in mostly 90-95% condition. External metal parts like barrel components and top cover have noticeable storage wear with some shining spots showing here and there, but most has at over 70% of original finish intact. Top cover seem to be the most worn.

Kit looks unfired. Bolt paint is completely intact - 98%. no primer ring in the bolt-face or scrapes from going over rounds in the mag or hammer. Bolt carrier might have been racked dozen times dry since there is a small amount of scuff wear on top where it interacts with rear sight block tunnel but paint is still intact.

Kit is missing front sight detent spring.

This is what I'm hoping my kit will be like. Want to build up as is. Crossing fingers that mine has the Iradi unit markings. You got yours pretty damn fast! I ordered mine from AOA just waiting on shipping. Thanks for the post!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts