AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a copy at the local grocery store: AK-47 & Soviet Weapons 2014 Buyer's Guide 001.jpg

Stanley R. Harris is the publisher.

Michael O. Humphries is the editor.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pick up a copy when I went to town today to get dog food.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I hope the publication doesn't show that picture with "Preview: AKS-74u 5.45x39mm" like the website does.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
450 Posts
Perhaps "bad" isn't exactly correct? But on some level, it just seems kind of... "inappropriate", perhaps? To SOME folks, anyway. Then again, I've never been a fan of 5.45x39 AR rifles, either. Just one person's opinion, however. To each their own. I suppose that one Polish AK that was designed for the 5.56 would be the exception, since it WAS made for it originally. But things like the new KVAR RPK74 in 5.56? To me, that just seems "off". If I were to buy one, the first thing I'd want to do would be to try and convert it over to 5.45x39.

I will ad this, though. Everyone has a different opinion of what they like and don't like. Just like Marcus and Pinball-1 don't think much of my re-engraved AKS-74N project that I am in the middle of, and that's fine. They have a right to their opinion same as you and I do ours. And if YOU like 5.56 AK rifles, then by all means, enjoy them and don't let MY opinion turn you off to them in any way. There's enough room under the AK tent for everybody to enjoy what they want to, even if we don't all enjoy the same things all the time. I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't want to turn this threat into a "Your rifle sucks because it is/isn't an "X" and I don't like those!" fest. That's not my intention here. I was just giving my opinion.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts