AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thank you again for sharing! I recently got my first AK-12 part in the mail.

·
Registered
Waiting on an AK-19
240 Posts
I'm not sure where to even post, but I guess I can give this post a bump with my personal magazine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
How much does the barrel extend past the block for the muzzle device?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Are the carrier and bolt the same as the AK74M. Could one use a saiga as a base for one of these kits. All the stuff available now does not have the bolt carriers or bolts. I’ve got a few spare saigas laying around.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Any updates? I see the Rusweapons site is currently down, but more interested to see if the Recreator receivers and/or more barrels ever became available.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Took me way longer than it should have but it's finally all together except for some pieces that I'm experimenting with. Test fire then paint is all that's left. Then onto the AK-15.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Did some more work today. The AK-12 rear peep sight is extremely small. Too small for a combat rifle, IMHO. I really like the KNS adjustable AK rear sight, but as is, it will not work with the AK-12 rear sight base that mounts to the rail. Obviously, I wasn't excited about machining the actual AK-12 base given their scarcity, so in comes the airsoft version from LCT. It's actually made from steel, and doesn't have any actual elevation ramps built into it like a real base does. This is perfect for the KNS because it doesn't rely on them. The KNS allows you to change the aperature size (comes with different sizes) while allowing you to still adjust for windage and have a finer elevation adjustment. A little time in the mill and here's the result:

I also threaded the barrel under the muzzle brake since that's more useful to me to run a suppressor. I do, however, have a design for a QD suppressor that uses the AK-12's unique muzzle attachment system. But it'll probably be quite a while before I get to it.

When I do toss a suppressor on there, I picked up this adjustable gas regulator from Russia. It's a very loose fit in the gas block, and I'll have to fix that or else it'll just drive me crazy. It's a very simple device that has a slanted cut on it that gradually covers the gas port as it turns as opposed to having variable hole sizes:

Also decided to throw a Rakurs-PM on there. Absolute tank of an optic:

Next is to change the magazine release to a larger paddle. After that I think I'll be done until I can find or design a suitable MLOK rail. Vector-7.62 in Russia makes one, but I'm not a fan of the style. Another company is Russia makes one that I like much better, but they don't ship to the US at this time (they said that they're working on international shipping).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I must be living under a rock! That rear sight is awesome, it looks like it belongs there also. Very fine work! Great addition to the collection for sure!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know the current status of Rusgunsmaster? I’m reading stuff here and other forums about the guy Gregory or Dimitri being arrested. Then there are parts kits being held at shipping centers in Russia and if they arrive to America some are confiscated by CBP. I recently messaged Rusgunsmaster about an inquiry and they responded. So I assume they are up and running. I am just at a loss to how safe it is to wire thousands overseas and to eventually receive a kit in return.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got the rest of the parts (finally) and I also got my barrel. I was going to turn my own barrel and then send it off to have it nitrided since that's easier to have a one-off done of as opposed to chrome. Well, Obstreperous turned a few on his CNC and had them chrome-lined. I'm finished up with the rest of the pics now, but here's the barrel:

I love the barrel! I also scored one from obstreperous. Very nice

21 - 40 of 48 Posts