AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy folks. I have a conversion project that I am working on and wanted to know what the best procedure would be for attaching a Russian FSB/GB on an SGL 31. there are several options available that would be used to attach the FSB, one of those is milling a channel from the gas port on the rifle to the FSB, how would that effect corrosion on the steel?

please help. im lost here.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Its either that or you alter the hole in the gas block itself (through the bottom hole on the gas block you can open up the port)

either way you do it, you will now have non-chrome lined metal now exposed. Just gotta make sure to clean out your gas port extra well.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You're going to have to clean it anyways after shooting corrosive ammo. Just pop off the gas tube and dump some hot water down the gasblock when you get home. Followed up with some hoppes and clp and you're good to go.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just talked to my gunsmith and he said that the only way he installs Russian FSBs is by cutting a channel in the barrel and im not really cool with that. looks like i'll be using a Bulgy FSB.

thanks for the info

·
Registered
742 Posts
you mean milling a shallow channel from the original gas port to the location of the Russian 104/105 gas block port? That's a common procedure used by many reputable builders, and does no harm whatsoever. My 105 was done this way and have fired roughly 400-500 rounds so far without problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts